where can I get rubber pads for the rear monoleaf?

93GTP

The original rubber pads for the monoleaf on my GP are pretty well shot and I'm trying to find replacements. Does anyone know where I can get the original style rubber ones to put back in there? Everyone around here including the dealer only has those white teflon ones that tear up the spring almost as badly as letting it rest on the knuckle with no pad at all.

I think I remember hearing that Moog makes original style ones? If so does anyone know the part #?

Who said those "teflon" pads tear up the monoleaf? There are several members here, myself included, who have installed these pads with no problems (yet anyways :lol: .)

I'm not sure if you can even get the original style rubber pads aftermarket :shrug: . Anyway, the MOOG "pucks" are part #K6544

I used the white teflon ones from the dealer (they told me I couldn't get the rubber ones unless I bought the whole spring) on my mom's GP and it seemed they were pretty hard on the ends of the leaf. The spring was in nice shape when they went in and it ended up cracking at one of the ends. And I could see that it had worn pretty thin on both ends when it broke.

Well I do have a '92 Z34 parts car that for some reason has BOTH the rubber pads (in pretty nice shape) AND the white ones, along with a brand new looking monoleaf. I'll try to get the rubber ones off of that, but they do tend to fuse onto the spring quite well.

Oh its possible to get the rubber ones from the dealership... ya just gotta find the right person. They always told me I had to buy the $645 spring. But there is a part number out there for the pads themselves. Makes me wonder if the service centers replace just the pads, yet charge for the entire spring.

For how many miles did she have the poly part in there? I had it in my old GP for 50k miles or so and never split the ends... Theres a large number of people on this board and a few other boards that use those units as well... I've never heard of that happening. Federal Mogul usually makes some great stuff.

The part # for the real GM ones has been posted several times. If it doesn't come up in a search, remind me in a week or so. The info is on my hard drive that died and I'm trying to retrieve some data from it, but just the initial scan with a recovery program is taking a very, very long time.