20s on W-body Montes?

BurneroftheRice

Just from browsing MyMonte, i keep seeing all these w-body montes with 20 inch rims...now I always thought that the biggest a w-body could handle is 18 inch rims. I mean, do all these people have trouble turning?

Is it some kind of facination with big rims on a Monte? I know that sum folks like to put them on the g-body montes :roll: . And its always the 20 inch gaudy chrome rims, theres only one Monte there with 20 inch black rims. MontecarloChick seems to be the black sheep on that forum.[/i]

MontecarloChick seems to be the black sheep on that forum.

:lol: I prefer to look at myself as a trendsetter.. only nobody seems to follow me. Yet.

I'm the black sheep on every forum.. I just like different things

Black rims always remind me of beat-to-shit police cruisers... no matter what they're on, I hate 'em.. makes the car look a thousand times cheaper I M O

The winter time is the only time I can justify anyone driving with steelies. That, or if someone is going to the track and actually has drags/slicks or whatever.

Just from browsing MyMonte, i keep seeing all these w-body montes with 20 inch rims...now I always thought that the biggest a w-body could handle is 18 inch rims.

Nope, 20's fit fine on a 5th gen Monte. Although, IMO 18's look better.

MontecarloChick seems to be the black sheep on that forum.[/i]

:lol: I like her steelies.

20" is the max a W-body can handle without bad rubbing.

Most W-bodies have 215/60R16 tires (26.2" tall) or 225/60R16 tires (26.6" tall).

That means 20" will fit fine with 225/35R20 (26.2") or 245/35R20 (26.7"). Those are 2 common tire sizes you can find easily on Ebay.

Anything bigger and it'd rub like crazy or you'd have to lift it. I personally think the 2dr Cutlass with its giant wheel wells look best with 19's, but I agree that other first gens look better with 18's. There was one very low bagged orange GP posted with 20's and the size looked fine although the style was horribly ghetto.

I've seen 22's(thats what they said) I thought they were 20's on an 02 monte & they tucked pretty damn good. I usually cant stand big wheels on those, but his lookin damn good. I'm gettin a monte soon & I was pondering going 20's maybe 22's dependin on how they look but I'm also going to keep my stock wheels just in case I want to hit the track or somethin....