question on lowering

redneck74b

im new here and was wondering about lowering my grand prix. are there any websites that you could buy a kit from. also woulndt the tires rub. also if anyone has a pic of the lowering kit send it my way please. thanks for your help

Sup man nice to see another w body faithful. First off i am going to assume that your grand prix is a 1st generation w body?

Lowering the front Intrax lowering springs are your only option that i know of

lowering rear, you can go with coilovers and get rid of the transverse monoleaf, or you can have a monoleaf made that lower the car.

Tires wont rub, ive heard of people running 235/50-18 on an 8 inch wide rim, and also 245/45-18, i personally am running 245/40-18 no rubbing on the w bodies.

Be careful as to what rims you want to buy, cus only a few out there clear the caliper bracket on the front.

I personally am lowering my car the 1.8 inches, i am using intrax lowering springs in front, ffp coilovers in back, kyb gr-2 gas struts all around, and throwing on a set of GMPP trailing arms. Then i have my 18"x8" Eagle 077 rims with hankook ventus 245/40-18 tires, let me know if you want any more details. :wink:

yeah badassolds your link doesnt work!!

but anyways, if its a Gen 1 then he said the right things...coilovers you can get from FFP (http://www.fastforwardperformance) and intrax springs, well from Intrax

another way of lowering the rear is the Birchmount...Not sure where but ask around some guys have it