New rims

badassoldspower

I just got back from a wheel and tire place, and ordered 18 inch eagle 077 CHROMES and a set of Hankook 245/40-18 tires does anybody think i will have rubbing issues?

Eagle 077s... :drool: Those things will look HOT when they're on. I think you'll be fine with 18s. I know there are others with 18s on their W-Body. As long as your tire and wheel size brings you close to stock.

you should be fine....i have tad bit of rub on the insides of the wheel well at fullstop left and right, but not a bid deal.....i've got 235/50's....a tad narrower and a tad talller....I want to see your size really bad....i wonder what the would look like on my car.....

i've alway wanted to get a totally blacked out GP and put 077's it....that would be sweet.

That size tire shouldn't rub at all.

That size tire looks a bit small on a Cutlass coupe though, because Cutlass coupes have the biggest wheel wells of all the W's.

sorry to be nosey, but how much did you pay for the wheels? I bought mine through the guy in Jay's sig and paid $670 for 17" chrome Eagle 185's and 20 lugs shipped to my door...18's wouldn't be that much more. Barton Performance is a very good company to deal with. Anyways, congrats on the new wheels, they'll make you smile!

I actually got the 4 rims for 190 a peice which is $760 so i was not too bad off after all i knew the guy at the tire shop, and i got my hankook ventus h rated 245/40 for 130 a peice so that was $520 I got it all for just under $1300 with lugs, mounting and balancing, and shipped to my door

Oh and btw guys, about the wheel gap, thats goin away too, cus i have my ffp coilovers, kyb struts, gmpp trailing arms, and i have front intrax springs coming, but they wont be in until the beginning of september. :x so i will have my rims on without the lower, which should not look too bad at all cus a 245/40 is 25.7 inches high, whereas a 215/60 (stock) is 26.1 tall, so it should look just fine, thanks for the support fellas.

Oh and btw guys, about the wheel gap, thats goin away too, cus i have my ffp coilovers, kyb struts, gmpp trailing arms, and i have front intrax springs coming, but they wont be in until the beginning of september. :x so i will have my rims on without the lower, which should not look too bad at all cus a 245/40 is 25.7 inches high, whereas a 215/60 (stock) is 26.1 tall, so it should look just fine, thanks for the support fellas.

:? I guess I'm the only one that ever cares about side gap (couldn't care less about top gap, that's easy to get rid of).

Be sure to take some pics (straight side shots) if this is a coupe. I might need shorter tires on my Cutlass because my 245/45R18's rub a little bit. It would be real helpful for me to see different size tires on a Cutlass. 235/45R18's on my 94 look perfect, but I sure wouldn't mind a wider tire.

I guess I'm the only one that ever cares about side gap

I never really thought about it very much until you mentioned it a long time ago, but know it is one of the first things I notice when a car has a set of rims on it. The Cutty has HUGE wheel wells that are very difficult to fill.

yeah your cardomain pics are very nice! I love those taillights you did!!!! are those real from GM or did you paint em yourself?

and those wheels will look killer on your car

• 2 months later...

Hy :P

I just buy a American Eagle Serie 077 for my GTP :P

and I will know what is best tire to put in .. (size) I check some calculator and the tire fite with out chance my speedo is 245/45R18 .. but I will know what is the best for my GTP 1994.. for pimpin ! lol and confortablity

Thank'S

Yann

245/40R18's will fit GP wheel wells better.

245/45R18 will probably rub the body kit, although it is spot-on in size compared to the stock 225/60R16.

I use 245/45R18 on my 89 Cutlass, but the Cutlass has 1" wider wheel wells than a Grand Prix so that's why I think 245/40 is a better fit (exactly 1" shorter diameter).

another 077 w. :roll: okay, so they do look great. i like 'em.

your english isnt that bad. it's certainly better than my french or a lot of people's english on this board, for that matter. :mrgreen: