New CD Player

Supreme Cutlass

I've narrowed my choice down to these three... tell me which one would be the best choice to replace the 'ol tape player (btw, blue interior and lights; so the last unit would be my first pick, but I can't seem to find any reviews and I wanted to know how it compared to the other two)

gigabuyz_1852_95492445.jpg6788962_640.jpgx070XDM6820-f_ld.jpg

Maybe I'm not keeping up to date with car audio.. but I've never heard of the brand "Dual". I'd go for either the Pioneer or the Alpine.. whichever has more features.

I'd go for the Alpine...my friend has had two Pioneers, and after about 4 months they start to scratch cds for some reason....that's the experience my friend has had with them...

However I know what you want....you want to match the interior lights with the HU....I know it is hard to do lol....I've been trying to find one with red lights myself for my RX-7, so far it hasn't happened...

i'm kinda partial to alpine...though that one doenst look like it has alot of features, so maybe you should go with the pioneer...one of those...i'd stay away from the dual! :wink:

Another question... In the website that Nichole gave, it lists that Pioneer HU as the only one that would "fit my car." Does that Mean that that's the only one that I wouldn't have to buy a harness or something for? or will all of the others simply not fit? :confused:

I'd never buy anything except Pioneer. I love how I can tweak so many things beyond Bass and Treble. I don't know about the newer car stereos but rememer back a couple years ago no one except Pioneer had a lot of controls for you to customize sound to your liking, but maybe that's changed. I've never had any problems with my Pioneers, except the first one was stolen :(

In any case, you really should buy it on eBay... The stores make a ton of money on car stereos and you can always get it cheaper off eBay. I've never had any problems.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P4700MP that I adore, though now I'm thinking about selling it because I hardly use the MP3/CD now that I have the Sirius. :shock: And that's saying something!!

Pioneer, Kenwood, or Alpine. The "Dual" is a one-off brand. It's an alright brand, better than Jensen, IMO, but terrible.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P4700MP that I adore, though now I'm thinking about selling it because I hardly use the MP3/CD now that I have the Sirius. :shock: And that's saying something!!

Pioneer, Kenwood, or Alpine. The "Dual" is a one-off brand. It's an alright brand, better than Jensen, IMO, but terrible.

Hehe, I have the Premier P470MP, the brother of the P4700MP. I also adore it! :lol:

Too bad Crutchfield only gives me ONE HU that says it'll fit... anything else, if I ask for the free harness, etc. it just says it won't fit....

Too bad Crutchfield only gives me ONE HU that says it'll fit... anything else, if I ask for the free harness, etc. it just says it won't fit....

Crotchfield probably doesn't take into account that you can use a mounting kit to install the head unit. Tell it you have a Toyota or something that has a 1 DIN setup.

Crotchfield

Typo? :lol:

If I end up buying from them, I'll probably just talk to the service reps or somehting... I don't want the mounting kit that comes with it NOT to be for my car...

No, you're misunderstanding me. The 1 DIN doesn't require a special mounting kit, but you'd have to go to Autozone and get one yourself for your own car, and you can still get the wiring harness free and Crotchfield would say it's compatible with "your" car.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP in the camaro and a DEH-P4700MP in the daily driver. I have been using Pioneer ever since I started driving. I don't like Alpine at all. Especially what me and my girlfriend at the time had to go through. We kept sending the damn thing in, it would work for about a month then break again :bash: . Alpine never again.

Crutchfield has a chart for what will fit and what won't fit...well my Cutlass didnt have much depth for an aftermarket cd player(according to what they listed), but I bought an Alpine and made it work....no problems nonetheless!