Have some chips..need advice

1990lumina

Hey guys. In another thread it was mentioned that GM touch up paint is the best to get. So, all I need is some advice for fixing these paint chips on my hood.

Below are pictures of every chip on the car. I used a penny for proportioning if needed...and I also adjusted the pictures a bit so the chips are most apparent.

0728_001.jpg

0728_002.jpg

0728_003.jpg

0728_004.jpg

0728_005.jpg

0728_006.jpg

Nevermind about this one...picture didn't work

0728_008.jpg

0728_009.jpg

And here are two miscellionues (sp?) pics I took for the hell of it.

0728_011.jpg

0728_012.jpg

- Jeff L.

dude...if thats all the chips you have on your car...i really wouldnt worry about it... :lol: ...i have like 100's of chips, mostly on the hood...and they really stand out on my green car :evil:

I'm not really worrying about it because it has been like that for awhile...however if I did decide to try and fix them, would the GM touch up paint work better then the Dupli-color touch up???

i used the duplicolor, the point of touch up paint is to make it less noticeable, its never gonna be perfect, u could keep adding coats till its closer to the paints width

Grab up some DupliColor (the small tube with the applicator brush included) and check out http://www.langka.com . You apply the touch-up paint in layers until you've built up a "bubble" over the surrounding paint. After that dries, you take the Langka applicator, apply a little of the stuff, and rub it across the "repair."

Wow, I never heard of that blob eliminator!

The traditional method is to apply just enough color coat, then build up the blob with clear and then wetsand smooth and buff.

That blob eliminator sounds like it makes things much easier. Kevin, have you used it personally?