factory cd alternate cars

one hot GTP

i have a 95 GTP, and am looking to replace my cassette deck w/ a cd player. i know other current car models use the same stereo--can someone help me w/ what cars i can take it out of and can still buy the stereo from factory? also a part number would be cool---thanks guys :D

also can i use a bose stereo out of a 97GTP?

Yes, you can use the Bose Headunit from a 1997+ GP. They are no different from the other CD Players that are used in those years. The rest of the stereo isn't worth the time to wire up and it doesn't sound all that great anyway.

Look on ebay, don't buy from the factory.. The prices they charge will make you wet your pants.

Just search for Pontiac CD Player on eBay and you'll find many auctions out there. Any CD Player from a 1995-2003 Grand Prix would work in your car.

Here's one from a Bonneville which is the same thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=38641&item=7987681758

Or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=38641&item=7987786909

Also, try to avoid ones which have an 'error' code. That usually means the CD Mechanism inside the unit is failing and won't play CD's.

If sticking with the Pontiac Theftlock model, you can get it with or without the EQ. All of the '94-up units that look the same can be used. They came in Grand Prix, Trans Am, Grand Am, Sunfire, Bonneville, and Montana/Transport. The Monsoon head unit is the same; the difference was in the amps/speakes. Unless you get lucky, the EQ model goes for $100+ on eBay. You might be able to get one cheaper at a junkyard or from somebody on a forum. I believe the latest model (starting somewhere around 2001 - looks different) will not work.