spark plug/head gasket suggestions?

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

as some of you know i'm turbocharging my n/a VIN T 3.1 engine (192,000 miles and running strong :) right now i use the stock AC Delco R44LTSM plug. i'm not sure what the 3.1 VIN V uses. the thing is, is that i have slightly more compression (8.9 vs 8.8 ). so what should i use for a plug? i plan on going with a thick head gasket also but need some suggestions on brand/type here as well. fwiw, i will be using new head bolts, and tapping the head bolt holes.

joshua

Have you done the search feature above using the words head and gasket/s yet ? I remember a discussion where Jeff M. was telling that he has tested several head gaskets with some not passing the test. I cut and pasted this quote from him :

"The stock block is good for 300 to 350 hp no problem long as a good build is done and its tuned properly, ARP studs help to keep things together for the heads, but an O-Ring block is a better assurance".

Search,Search,Search. :)

As for plugs, you want to use the coldest one you can. I think the stock TGP plug is a R42LTS, which is GMs coldest plug for the 60 degree V6s. I use a NGK V-grove plug, the TR5. It's a nice plug, and it's been good to me for about 10k miles.

Jason