Proformance ship 2.8

Intlcutlass

Hey fellas,

Do you think that the proformance chips made for the 2.8 fiero would be the same as the for a 2.8 Cutty. I'm looking around for one and if it's listed for a wbody they want $120.00 and up. But on Ebay, if you type in "Fiero chip" you get all sorts of potential chips for $30-$40 even up to $100 bucks. Do you think there is any difference.

I looked at hyperchip and one other chip makers site and they do list these as different p/n's , but I wonder if thats because of the car , not the motor. I also wonder if thats because of supply n demand (actually the inverse of supply n demand) . There are probably way more W body 2.8's out there that Fiero's, so they would try to get more money where there is more potential buis. where as not so many Fiero's not such a great demand (lower price).

Anyway, I'm thinken 2.8 Cutty, 2.8 Fiero, only difference would be the DIS system in the wbody vs a distributor in the Fiero.

Anyone have any info on these????

Still Have em.

In December my brother n law took my advice and did a lot of research on his project car. He found one... A 1988 Fiero Formula 5 speed. So we drive to Pa to go get it, he lets me drive it, and my first thought was " I have to have one". It was incredible. I swear if you threw a dime in the middle of the road and said turn 90 degrees on that dime @ 40 mph, it could do it.

So about a month goes by, and I find one local.... Same thing 88 Fiero formula 5 speed. I spent the money I was saving for pistons, and head work, and eveything else on this car. So I have to start re-saving money again. That 3.1 turbo is going to fit nicley in the Fiero.

My Cutlass will stay the way it is, It will be a n/a daily driver, that I will take care of FOREVER. I will nver get rid of it. I still want to beef it up though, thats why I ask about the chip. Eventually I want to get a Underdrive pully for it, and chip it. It should make about the same as a stock 3100 (160 hp) with my Borla & K&N.

So pat, we could still race, but you would KILL me.

But the Fiero.....hummmm.

This is my project car. It's 2680 lbs, and was made in 1988, So it's got the good suspension. It's a five speed (hm-282) so I don't need to do anything there except use a good clutch. In stock form it was the fastest of all Fieros made in the quarter. 15.89 with 140 hp. I can't wait to see what it does with 250+ hp :cool:

Well , enough of that, anyone on those chips???