New Alpine Equipment for the New car.

z34_nut

Does that little sign say werd? As in word up homie or is that like weird? Is Werd a new slang term for people here? Cause I have seen it on other threads :lol:

it says "werd" not "weird"

Does that little sign say werd? As in word up homie or is that like weird? Is Werd a new slang term for people here? Cause I have seen it on other threads :lol:

you are wierd...lol :lol: j/k

leave my thread. you are not welcome

What did I SAy Oh my god. Sony is not welcome here I guess. I directed no negative comments to anyone. Any one else here had an Alpine deck fail? I thought we were still on topic here?!? Save your whining for some of these stupid haters. See all that crap in the pictures in the beginning of this thread. All that means nothing if you do not know how to install it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2056262

What did I SAy Oh my god. Sony is not welcome here I guess. I directed no negative comments to anyone. Any one else here had an Alpine deck fail? I thought we were still on topic here?!? Save your whining for some of these stupid haters. See all that crap in the pictures in the beginning of this thread. All that means nothing if you do not know how to install it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2056262

dude we were just kidding around...well I was except for the sony part. lol I really don't think highly of their car audio equipment. People say a lot of stuff around here and don't really mean it. :wink:

honestly. freak out much.

BTW I'm ASE cert. in automotive electronic systems. Yes that includes stereo equipment. I have professionally installed 20+ sound sytems that include tuning in hariy crossovers with mis-match decks and amps. I am known to have clean installations, if you can see wires, then please bitch. I would be more then happy to hide them for you.

What does my ability of installation have anything to do with this thread any-way.

And no. I have had 3 Alpine headunits now, and none have had any problems.

If I don't have the ability to get components to work together,Then ASC Cert. does me no good 8). I install everything myself and don't allow certified people to touch my car. I went to college for business. I only dink around with cars for fun.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2056262 My 1 owner 89 Explorer luxury van that I had with blue leather($40,000) new we had this van since it was brand new. Some certified guys installed the crappy Alpine and some Boston seperates in it along with subs(10s and 12s), PS2 and 16 ft. of blue neon. Every wire had to be yanked back out by yours truly. If I hadn't the whole van would have burned to the ground. The holes for the speakers weren't even round, The Bostons sat in the doors never got to hear them until I personally installed them in my TGP 10 years later. I never get along with people that got badges on their chest.

If your using 10 year old compentents then it is not my fault. Of course these items are going to wear out, and a 10 year old headunit is a rarity. The speakers as well. To state Alpine is shit based on a headunit that is 10+ years old is totally idiotic.

I only stated that I am a certified mechanic because it gives you an idea where I am coming from. I am more then likey far more eduacated in the specified area. If you understand the components, rather then read about them, then you can do a better installation. You are simply NOT understanding my posts.

Also, your posts seem to have nothing to do with the thread. Where you are coming from is unknown, and stop showing the same damn cardomain.

Please, for the last time do not post in this thread spreading your usless information. I did not make this thread for people to bitch about components I bought, nor question my ability to use and install them. :roll:

I did not make this thread for people to bitch about components I bought, nor question my ability to use and install them. :roll:

very well said....let's start talking about that nice shiney new HU again...

It's a damn nice HU, that glide touch is fun, but gets annoying quickly if you are not familiar with it.

The new Alpine amps are pretty nice as well. Very low THD, and, if Kyle buys it, they sell an amplink. Basically, you can see whats going on with your amplifier straight from your HU(how many volts it's getting, temperature, i even think the output wattage as well). It is $100, but IMO, it's worth it.

It's a damn nice HU, that glide touch is fun, but gets annoying quickly if you are not familiar with it.

The new Alpine amps are pretty nice as well. Very low THD, and, if Kyle buys it, they sell an amplink. Basically, you can see whats going on with your amplifier straight from your HU(how many volts it's getting, temperature, i even think the output wattage as well). It is $100, but IMO, it's worth it.

I was going to get one with my last set-up. But I thought against it. First reason, money, but second is because I really don't need it. Its handy to have, but I guess its just for lazy people :D.

Although laying awkwardly in the trunk for 3 hours fucking with my amp is a little uncomfortable...

If your using 10 year old compentents then it is not my fault. Of course these items are going to wear out, and a 10 year old headunit is a rarity. The speakers as well. To state Alpine is shit based on a headunit that is 10+ years old is totally idiotic.

I only stated that I am a certified mechanic because it gives you an idea where I am coming from. I am more then likey far more eduacated in the specified area. If you understand the components, rather then read about them, then you can do a better installation. You are simply NOT understanding my posts.

Also, your posts seem to have nothing to do with the thread. Where you are coming from is unknown, and stop showing the same damn cardomain.

Please, for the last time do not post in this thread spreading your usless information. I did not make this thread for people to bitch about components I bought, nor question my ability to use and install them. :roll:

mA, YOU GOT SOME STRICT RULES ON YOUR THRead. Sorry I will no longer provide that link here. It is in my sig! I just wanted people to see it on the new page.

mA, YOU GOT SOME STRICT RULES ON YOUR THRead. Sorry I will no longer provide that link here. It is in my sig! I just wanted people to see it on the new page.

drop it already

I had the alpine alpine cda-7998 and that was like $1100 dollars when i bought and all i ever had were problems,alpine acually called it a lemon(in car-audio words and gave me a full refund back and a brand new amp(can't remmember the model number now.

Thats why you don't see those fantom face headunits gen 2/gen 3 even in there line up anymore if they where to continue it, cause the face was to heavy and the motor would'ed stoped breaking and they didn't want to spend the money to fix the problem and got rid of her.

i now have a pioneer DEH-P8600mp and can't say anything but good things about it.

o and im MECP installer :D so i know the in and outs LOL