3M Rubbing compound or Meguiar's Scratch X?

genEus

3M Rubbing compound or Meguiar's Scratch X?  

1. 1. 3M Rubbing compound or Meguiar's Scratch X?

• 3M Rubbing Compound
    • Meguiar's Scratch X

Wanted to fix the scratches I had on my car. They're very annoying. Some I know will be buffed out, others I just hope to make look a little better, they're too deep I think to buff out perfectly...

I am planning to use either the 3M Rubbing Compound or the Meguiar's Scratch X on them, then wax the car with Zymol's cleaner wax.

SOudns good, I'd go with Meg's Scratch X...but that's only because 've used it before and I know it is great for removing mild to moderate scratches.

After you use up all your Zymol's wax, try some Meg's Gold Class wax...great shine :D. And to extend the life of your wax, try Meg's Quik Detailer or something similar.

SOudns good, I'd go with Meg's Scratch X...but that's only because 've used it before and I know it is great for removing mild to moderate scratches.

After you use up all your Zymol's wax, try some Meg's Gold Class wax...great shine :D. And to extend the life of your wax, try Meg's Quik Detailer or something similar.

I bought Meg's Gold Class but returned it in favor of Zymol. Read a lot of people saying that Meg's Gold gives you a great shine but doesn't last longer than a month....

if you use 3m i'd get the PERFECT IT III compound...that stuff works great...then some meguirs dual action cleaner/polish works great to take the swirls out from the buffing...

or...where you gonna do it by hand!? :lol:

i use something in a yellow bottle...i believe it's Wix? don't quote me on that but it works great on removing discoloration or scratches/rubs marks. Err wait now that I think of it...wix makes crappy oil filters. lol :bash: I'm retarded right now. I'll try and remember to go into my trunk either when I get to work or when I get home from work and look for you. :mrgreen:

Scratch X sounds like some wanna-be rubbing compound that costs alot of money. I'd stick with the 3M which should work better, even if it requires more polishing/waxing afterwards.

Scratch X sounds like some wanna-be rubbing compound that costs alot of money. I'd stick with the 3M which should work better, even if it requires more polishing/waxing afterwards.

well I can't say I've used anything 3M's made before (directly), but everything else I've ever used from Meguiar's has been good. They make quality products...I don't know why you think it's crap???

ive never used any 3M products...quite frankly they're too expensive, and mothers/meguiars work just perfectly fine with me(my trophies agree too :leaving:)

but anyways, Ive tried the scratch x, and i wasnt too impressed. mothers scratch remover IMO works better. Gold Class wax is great stuff, it definitly lasts longer than a month...dont know why anyone would say that :roll:

ive never used any 3M products...quite frankly they're too expensive, and mothers/meguiars work just perfectly fine with me(my trophies agree too :leaving:)

but anyways, Ive tried the scratch x, and i wasnt too impressed. mothers scratch remover IMO works better. Gold Class wax is great stuff, it definitly lasts longer than a month...dont know why anyone would say that :roll:

See here: http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

3M's rubbing compound was cheaper by a dollar than Meg's ScratchX at WallyWorld.

3M's rubbing compound comes in 3 different stages: fine, medium and heavy. Fine and medium are clearcoat safe, while heavy isn't. If the scratches are light, use the fine stuff and finish by polishing over that area.

Don't bother with ScratchX. It's more of a "filler" than a compound. Doesn't really work worth a sh_t. Neither does their swirl mark remover.

well I can't say I've used anything 3M's made before (directly), but everything else I've ever used from Meguiar's has been good. They make quality products...I don't know why you think it's crap???

I never said it's "crap"... I said it's probably not worth the money over other products. That's JMO though.. looks like other's who have used it agree with me though..

if you use 3m i'd get the PERFECT IT III compound...that stuff works great...then some meguirs dual action cleaner/polish works great to take the swirls out from the buffing...

or...where you gonna do it by hand!? :lol:

cant agree more with the 3m stuff terryk2003. thats all i ever use after a good wetsanding.

If your not looking for anything too too harsh, go with Finesse-it II Finishing Material by 3M. Pricey, but very effective, especially on black cars, and like oil of old lady, is good at reducing fine wrinkles and scratches. You'd want to follow that up with a washing and then your favorite wax.

Heh...and as previously stated by someone else, it also works very good on my fleet of show winning cars.

Ben