e-dead is a bitch to install *PICS PICS PICS******

J

Jesus i never knew e-dead (dynamat like material) is such a bitch to install, i got about 1/3 of the way done with the trunk last night. It's wierd that gm only put that jute style of carpeting on one little section, but damn am i glad they did. I know gm cuts corners, but damn they bought the strongest glue known to man for that shit. That took me a hour to get off, and then scrape the glue off. What a PITA

But it's comming along pretty good and it looks like i'll have enough to do under the back seat and package tray also. High quality stuff too. I'll post pics later tonight. Later Jay

actually i am :lol: . It's gonna be 2 layers thick on the strut towers :!: .

But i think it'll be better overall with road noise too. ever since i took off the stupid black door moldings the car sounds tinny, so i am also gonna be doing the doors. Later Jay

Yep, that stuff will definataly help keep out road noise, while weighing your car down more than what it is allready. And, that stuff is a bitch to apply. Once it's sticking to something, it's stuck.

Yep, that stuff will definataly help keep out road noise, while weighing your car down more than what it is allready. And, that stuff is a bitch to apply. Once it's sticking to something, it's stuck.

yeah including my elbow, i was in the trunk and leaned on a piece that was exposed, that sucked to get off of my skin!

Just don't get it on your hootus.

I forgot about that! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides gettin it on my hootus, i am now done, 7 1/2 hours total work (including stripping the old jute and glue, taking my 50 lbs of box out, and trying to clean up the wiring and fix the broken cap mount) I did under the back seat, and the entire trunk, with 2 layers of edead on the strut towers. And the fucking struts are just as loud :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: FUCK FUCK FUCK. Oh but my subs sound oh sooo much better :D . I'll post pics later i have a bunch, during the install and after. My camera is recharging so i'll post them asap. later all Jay

editeddriverssidestruttower.jpg

editedfulltrunk.jpg

editedbackseat.jpg

editedsparecloseup.jpg

editedtrunkbox.jpg

ONLY LEFT OVERS FROM 50 SQ FEET!!!!

editedonlyleftovers.jpg

Why it was so much of a bitch, a small garage, and it was about 15* hotter in the garage then outside

editedgargeshot.jpg

My subs sound better, but the struts can lick my nut sack

By the way i tuned and made that box from scratch, it has dual 3 inch ports firing up, i wish i would have pointed then towards the front, but i can always make another box. later guys Jay

i plan on making a wall so all you can see is the basket of the subs, the mounting my amp and cap under some lexan (we have a bunch laying around) and then it'll be done