I'm gonna rock the steelies...

buckethead

OK, I'm sick of these damned wire-wheel hubcaps... they are ugly as sin. I had my car in getting new tires and I saw it with all the hubcaps off. I actually like the look of it that way. I'm gonna take all the caps off and put on some nice chrome or polished lugnuts.

My question is this though.... right now I got these little nipple things that my hubcaps screw into with that damn locking bolt. Those things are held on by three of the five lugnuts. Now I'd like to take those things off as well but underneith there are these little plastic caps that I'm assuming are part of the wheel bearings. Do I need to get some sort of cap to cover those or is it ok to leave them exposed?

I had locking hubcaps and have no clue what you're talking about with plastic pieces still being attached after the removal of the hubcap..

It should just be metal lug nuts :?:

When I take my hubcap off, there's a metal (for lack of a better term) boobie right in the middle of my wheel. It's what holds the hubcaps on. It's held on by three of the lugnuts. When I take that off, underneith, there is a round plastic center cap just sitting in there. It doesn't look like there's anything holding it in so I'm not sure if I need something else (other than the metal boobie) to protect it.

Interesting.. you must have "fancy" hubcaps or something :lol: Because mine just unscrewed off the steelie....

no metal boobs here... sorry I couldn't help :(

the little boobie your talking about is what the hubcap bolts too, you need to remove a few of your lug nuts to take it off. I had the same ones on my 1987 cutty. Later Jay

the little boobie your talking about is what the hubcap bolts too, you need to remove a few of your lug nuts to take it off. I had the same ones on my 1987 cutty. Later Jay

right, i know that.... the thing i'm talking about is under the boobie... it's some sort of strange looking cap. It's not plastic, it's metal (i was wrong about that). I took some pics but i'm retarded and forgot the camera cable at work. this cap is attached to the hub, not the wheel. I think it's my wheel bearing. Do i need to put on a center cap to cover that bitch up or is it ok if it's exposed?

If it is what I think you're talking about.. mine have been exposed for about 2 years now and are a bit rusty.. but other than that I'm good. And I live in Buffalo... and you live in Florida from what I can tell so you should be good.

Go to your local walmart and check the automotive section. Nice chrome shiny hubcaps. :lol:

PS: Seen 16in steelies on my friends honda minivan. :shock: 16in!!! Nice...er...performance (?) steelies! :D