Supercharger for 3.4L SFI in a monte carlo?

Cam'ron

wtf does it look like i am talking about i have a 2003 monte carlo with the LA1 3400 SFI engine and i would like to source a stock supercharger for it but the only ones i can fine online are for the 3800 series 2... who the fuck is talking about a god damn rustang

wtf does it look like i am talking about i have a 2003 monte carlo with the LA1 3400 SFI engine and i would like to source a stock supercharger for it but the only ones i can fine online are for the 3800 series 2... who the fuck is talking about a god damn rustang

Well I'd sell your crappy MC and buy a SS that comes supercharged.

You can dream up a stock supercharger maybe. Or add an Eram, they kinda look stock.

There was an aftermarket system for the 3400, but it is really rare and I havn't seen one for a while. Cool kit, looked sweet too, but expect to shell out a lot of money, and still get ass-raped by a stock L67.

Damn aaron your still an asshole.

Actually they do make a s/c kit for the 3400. I know there is a guy in colorado that has it in his alero. I'll see if I can find ya a link. I would also look into turboing it.

Honest I would think you would have better results turboing it. I know clubgp has a monte section but not sure how many 3400 owners are there. Or mymonte.com maybe.

Damn aaron your still an asshole.

Actually they do make a s/c kit for the 3400. I know there is a guy in colorado that has it in his alero. I'll see if I can find ya a link. I would also look into turboing it.

I am, and its you're, not your.

That was the kit I mentioned, his name was John, and he removed it from his Alero over a year ago fearing a blown motor (Knowing him--it wasn't far off). But I got to see it up close, and it was a really sweet kit.

I understand the insurance thing, but the SS would be a much better way to go. Spend the money it'd take to mod the 3400 into insurance alone, you'll still be faster, plus you'll have an SS.

Turbocharging it would be really expensive, a lot of custom work, and a lot of tuning. It'd take a lot to ever get it running right, but if you did, it'd make good power.

yeah but with an ss you get all these little punk bastards with the coffee cans trying to catch up all the time... me likey sleepers

used to have an 81 regal with 450 hp at the wheels

What the fuck are you talking about?

Aaron, if you can't find anything better than that to say, don't say anything. Dan is right. You're treading real thin ice.

his name was John, and he removed it from his Alero over a year ago fearing a blown motor (Knowing him--it wasn't far off). But I got to see it up close, and it was a really sweet kit.

there is a guy that often goes to bandimere that has a supercharged alero and its still in there. dont know if youre talking about someone else or not.

yeah but with an ss you get all these little punk bastards with the coffee cans trying to catch up all the time... me likey sleepers

used to have an 81 regal with 450 hp at the wheels

Because a SS MC really looks that much faster than a regular one... :roll: Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sleepers, I just don't see an SS Monte being much less of a sleeper than a base one.

SS's do not look fast IMO, they just don't, they look good, and they look sporty, just not fast. Guys with Mustangs still think they'll rape you. It doesn't matter either way. It would probably be a lot easier to start out with a Supercharged one to begin with, or at least a 3.8L one so the aftermarket would be a little larger, but that depends on how fast you want to go. With just a 3.4" supercharger pulley (cost $25 used) our '04 MC SS ran a 14.400 @ 97mph with 2 people in it. Now it has rockers and a few other little mods and is easily a high 13 second car, with well under $500 in mods. Do you know how much crap you'll have to do to yours to make it run high 13's? If you really want to stick with your car and your enging you can do it, but it would be SO much easier with an L36/L67. Maybe you could look into an L67 swap?

And Aaron...damn, calm down. Take it a little easier on people. He is asking a question you don't have to call him a dumbass for trying to learn something...

Shawn

RMS racing is who you want to contact for a supercharger for your 3400.

if you want a turbo contact Germ (moderator) on http://www.mymonte.com

pay no attention to Aaron he has a gradeschool mentality.

turbo would be the best way to go with your motor. 7psi with a turbo is 14.0 flat tested.

RMS racing is who you want to contact for a supercharger for your 3400.

if you want a turbo contact Germ (moderator) on http://www.mymonte.com

pay no attention to Aaron he has a gradeschool mentality.

turbo would be the best way to go with your motor. 7psi with a turbo is 14.0 flat tested.

Thank you finally an answer i was looking for :D I never said i was looking for a 13 second car, i never said i wanted to mod the shit out of it, i was merely asking where to look for a s/c for a 3.4L engine as this amazing internet thing and all the webpages I could find only listed 3.8L monte engines...

Thanks sonyman87 :worship:

No they aren't. They are expensive as crap, have shippingof like 8 months (that is their overnight service too), and have a terrible reputation.

from what ive seen thier kits are great however the only ones I hear about no complaints from are the people who actually go up to canada and have them install it for you.