Whats happening? Normal?**** Pics of Engine****

f_399

Looks like some dirt or a leak...

522298_131_full.jpg

522298_130_full.jpg

522298_129_full.jpg

522298_128_full.jpg

Pictures of the oil cap(any signs of blown gasket?) and the engine (Amsoil on approx 4,000 miles) Almost 140,000 miles on the engine on original gaskets

522298_127_full.jpg

522298_124_full.jpg

522298_126_full.jpg

there seems to be a leak in the side where all the pulleys are

i showed the cap because some people can tell if there is a gasket failure by how the oil looks under the cap

plenum? sorry i dont know what that is

Guest TurboSedan

i showed the cap because some people can tell if there is a gasket failure by how the oil looks under the cap

oil cap looks fine. no frothy crap there, which would indicate oil mixing with coolant.

Looks like the front seal in the PS pump might be leaking. That, and the front main seal behind the crank pulley. There is actually a recall on that seal on the 2005 Chevrolet Uplander/Buick Terraza/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay....but its a different seal, even though its a similar engine.

Crank sensor isn't a pulley, it's not related to this.

I wouldn't worry about it right now, just check the oil level regularly.

Also see if the hood mat has any greasy stains on it. If so, the oil might just be spray from the PS pump pulley. I've had that happen before.

I had my timing chain cover gastet go, but that would cause the coolant to go into the oil pan. which I'm not seeing based on the oil cap. Might be the PS pump. have you been noticing any fluid changes? (loss in coolant or Power steering, gain in oil fluid??)

I have a vin T 3.1, however my motor looked the same way when the bearing seals on my water pump went. I also had a lot of gunk on the underside of my hood... I didnt think it was coolant but power stearing fluid... found out the hard way when the seals let loose.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it looks that bad.

Does your car lose any oil? Do an oil change yourself and put some of the old oil in a clear bottle if you are worried about it being contaminated.

yeah that looks like the same on mine, leak on the crank pulley man, its not a uge deal, just makes a mess. If you want you can fix it by pulling the pulley, cleaning everything up and running a bead of red RTV around the pulley crank and the key notch. Give it a day to dry and youll be good.

Mine leaks becuase I didnt have time to let it set before driving. Im too lazy to fix it.

...and running a bead of red RTV around the pulley crank and the key notch...

Once the engine is started - wouldn't that just rip the seal?

IMHO - I wouldn't worry about it. See 100's of them with a small seep like that - just powerwash it once a month and you are all good...