ReLoaded my engine...

GrandPrix34

well i changed the spark plugs, and had my cat replaced wit a carsound and reasonator removed...for some reason, it feels a bit gutless on take off...I had planned on 2.5 piping from the whole cat to the mufflers, but all i did was changed the cat to the carsound cat RedZ sells adn removed the reasonator. Before that though, i had changed the plugs and the car ran hella of a lot smoother wit no knock and quick acceleration but after my exhaust work it seems wierd to me...anyone care to explain? ill post pics of it all soon

so you just have a high-flow cat?? And you have a 3.4L right?? Well, you may have lost too much back pressure, but I cant see how. I cut my cat completely out and put a straight pipe and it was loud as hell, but sluggish, b/c I had lost too much backpressure. So, I put a turbo tube there and it put a lot of low end torque back in. Also, I noticed that after I did my exhaust, the TPS was affected. Like, barely had to touch the pedal to get going. And before I had to lay into it a little. Now, I got my TPS reset and as soon as I even touch the gas the damn thing takes off like a scalded dog. Anyway, those are the only things I can think of.

whenever you decrease backpressure you will lose a tiny bit of low end. Is your high end noticably better? what mufflers are you running? running a highflow cat and even highflow mufflers should not effect your car to the point where its gutless.

RedZ

the car makes lots of noise but it feels like its not moving as much as it should...perhaps the plugs? Im running NGK V powers, flows, and a carsound cat....maybe its just me, cuz my car's sound is down right ugly! Im thinking either tips will clean up the sound or just swap some borlas in there, all depends on budget. By the way, would tips clean up the sound?