Window problem

Cartracer

Just the other day my windows went up and down fine and the next day, my passenger window wouldnt go down with the driver side switch or the passenger side switch, but the driver side window works fine. Would this be cuased by the switch, motor, track, anything else?

The switch could be loose. Try taking the switch off the door and moving the plug around. happened to me a few times. could be the motor also.

Hasha, or do what I do in my dad's Tauurs....just smash your fist into the door panel beside the window switchs...works everytime :D

:lol: that works with many things! although I dont think you want to punch the door on our W-Bodies :lol: but its ok on a taurus

i wouldnt think its the switch becuase i dont think both sides would go out at once. the hitting deal didnt work to well :lol: i guess ill take the panel off and take a look at the motor

goto the j/y and get a new (well used i guess you can call it) black button thing...the thing you actually press when you want the window to go down. i had the same problem in my Lumi and once i replaced that part it has worked ever since.

just as another possible idea, one that's happened to me....

The window rubbers get worn and the rubber gets hot...sticking to the window like adheisive, holding the window wedged up. Dig your finger in there to pry it away from the window (getting it to free up).

check the wires were it goes from the door to the frame of the door, they quite often brake there.

Sometimes I need to stop and ask where exactly people pull certain comments from?

Have you actually seen this happen or know anyone who it's happened to? On a W-body or another car/brand altogether? I find it hard to believe that wiring harness "quite often breaks there" if I've never heard a single incident about that happening on this board, ever.

I've seen it happen on several different GM products...often the wire breaks inside the insultation and just needs to be soldered back together. Or any method of attaching two wires together will work :D

jimmy91444 wrote:

check the wires were it goes from the door to the frame of the door, they quite often brake there.

Sometimes I need to stop and ask where exactly people pull certain comments from?

Have you actually seen this happen or know anyone who it's happened to? On a W-body or another car/brand altogether? I find it hard to believe that wiring harness "quite often breaks there" if I've never heard a single incident about that happening on this board, ever.

-Tony

'92 Gutless Supreme SL

I just fix a 1984 cavalier convt . The rear right window was not coming down,all other were working good. That is the first place I went , and there it was a broken wire to the back right window. It was working up but not down. Sorry if I spoilled all your belives.

Both passenger side windows on my Lumina are picky about when they will go up and down. The front one gets punched in the door panel when it doesn't work, and that frees it up everytime.

- Justin