Aw not again

3pt1lumina

Um yeah my RR caliper locked up AGAIN. This is the 7th time in 2 years... Mind you, I've put 8k on the car in 2 years and this last caliper has 1,400 miles on it and the car is kept inside in a dry environment.

This is getting old.I know what I'm doing to fix this but can anyone enlighten me as to why the hell this keeps happening? I can't use the e-brake because it's broken real good and I'm too lazy to fix it. I realize this design sucks but jeez!

I know what I'm doing to fix this but can anyone enlighten me as to why the hell this keeps happening?

Sorry, man...but you HAVE to use the parking brake regularly if you want your rear calipers to work right and last...I set and release mine at least once a week

Sorry, man...but you HAVE to use the parking brake regularly if you want your rear calipers to work right and last...I set and release mine at least once a week

I agree I do the same and I haven't had a problem since I rebuilt them....

I get new calipers each time.

The reason I dont use my e-brake is because the actual gears in the mechanism are ground off so it absolutely will not engage at all. How hard is it to replace the pedal? I'm also assuming my only option is to visit my j/y to get a replacement?

I know what I'm doing to fix this but can anyone enlighten me as to why the hell this keeps happening?

:withstupid: ...i also set the ebrake just to keep the rears adjusted...

My e-brake cables have been MIA since I've owned either W, so what I do is just clamp a vice grip on either arm on the calipers and give them 5-10 pumps, just to set them. I usually do that about every oil change, and it seems to work ok. I've replaced one rear caliper the entire time I've driven W bodies, and that one was fubar'd before I got the car.

I also use my e-brake all the time. Since I got my brakes done 10000miles ago last summer, I've had zero problems and they look to be wearing quite nicely.