Shaving antenna: Has anyone tried using a hidden antenna?

93GTP

I am going to shave the antenna on my GP and I am looking for an antenna that I can put in the trunk and still get good FM reception. Has anyone tried buying a specialty antenna for this? I was just looking at one on this site that claims to be just for this purpose: http://www.ecshylites.citymax.com/page/page/761353.htm

How well would a stock solid mast antenna work for this application? Because I have one of those on my Z donor car I could use which obviously wouldn't cost me anything. The stock power antenna on my car gets about the same reception as no antenna when tossed in the trunk (but then again it had horrible reception mounted on the car as well).

just get XM and put your antenna in the rear deck!... :mrgreen:

but, as for your question...i've never tried anything like that...alwayz had an antenna on my cars...

i got a hidden antenna for my regal cuz the other broke off and it went inside on any window u wanted. i put mine at the top of the front windsheild and u never saw it unless u looked for it ran the wire under the head liner and down the a-piller through the dash and into the cd player work just as good as the factory one. i got it at advance auto parts. stays on with double sided tape and boy is it a bitch to get off

i got a hidden antenna for my regal cuz the other broke off and it went inside on any window u wanted. i put mine at the top of the front windsheild and u never saw it unless u looked for it ran the wire under the head liner and down the a-piller through the dash and into the cd player work just as good as the factory one. i got it at advance auto parts. stays on with double sided tape and boy is it a bitch to get off
same thing i have on my 83 suburban since its fm sucks royally from factory :evil:

same thing i have on my 83 suburban since its fm sucks royally from factory :evil:

Werd, our 87 had those two stupid wires inside the glass of the windshield...shittiest reception ever......plus the windshield cost like twice as much because of those dumb ass wires in the glass...oh well....

I know my mom's Acura CL has an antenna in the back window internally in the glass, however it is some crazy assed design and gets just as good reception as any other cars I've been in...My dad's Tauurs gets the best reception...then probably the GMs..(96 Suburban,90 Lumina) ....

If you are listening to a local station, all you really need is a piece of wire, however, any long distances, a solid steel antenna is best (Our 96 suburban has a fiber glass antenna with a wire wrapped around it - piece of shit lol)

Werd, our 87 had those two stupid wires inside the glass of the windshield...shittiest reception ever......plus the windshield cost like twice as much because of those dumb ass wires in the glass...oh well....

I know my mom's Acura CL has an antenna in the back window internally in the glass, however it is some crazy assed design and gets just as good reception as any other cars I've been in...My dad's Tauurs gets the best reception...then probably the GMs..(96 Suburban,90 Lumina) ....

If you are listening to a local station, all you really need is a piece of wire, however, any long distances, a solid steel antenna is best (Our 96 suburban has a fiber glass antenna with a wire wrapped around it - piece of shit lol)

:werd: i hate that pos stock antenna if they made a windsheild without it for my truck i would get it. but they don't my cutlass the antenna was broken off from the shaft

so i went and replaced it with a manual one that is actually longer then the regular one and it works just fine with the antenna lowered :lol: