New CD player

3pt1lumina

Well I just finished installing an aftermarket stereo in my Lumina. I'm really surprised at how easy it was. I didn't want to cut the original harness so I bought the GM adapter and then spliced the new harness into the adapter. The biggest PITA was getting the stupid plastic surround assembled and in place. While I was there, I put two 180 watt 6x9 Jensens in the rear (they were new and free so why not?!)

I'm just surprised how easy it was; I'm used to wiring nightmares and making your own harnesses... that sucks (especially when you're kind of dumb like me :wink: )

Aweosme, what kind of deck did you buy?? Just wondering.

Yeah, I like that bracket GM used to hold on the rear 6x9s...it is so easy to put them out and whatnot , however, it also makes it easier to steal as well..

Same with the deck, I love how simple GM made things, but again it is easy to steal shit from simple designs...

Hope you like the new setup :D

- Jeff L.

I installed a Pioneer DEH16XX ( I forget :oops: ). I did however, take the Jensen 6x9's out and I put the stock speakers back in. For some reason, they sound so much better. Next is an amp and maybe 2 12's but first I want to do a few more things and I need money!!!... I am very happy with everything except for how far the deck sticks out of the dash but there is no getting around that with our cars.

I am very happy with everything except for how far the deck sticks out of the dash but there is no getting around that with our cars.

There is if you get a good kit with the variety of front plates. Say, the ones from Best Buy or Circuit City, not the ones from Meijers or walmart.

PICS??

Yeah I found that installing my Kenwood HU in my '95 was very easy too. I just got the kit and harness adapters from Walmart, which turned out pretty good.

I also painted the plastic piece that surrounds the HU (part of the HU not from the kit). I painted it black and was pleased with the results.

before:

abd8407b.jpg

After:

S2400049.jpg

Well I just finished installing an aftermarket stereo in my Lumina. I'm really surprised at how easy it was. I didn't want to cut the original harness so I bought the GM adapter and then spliced the new harness into the adapter.

That would be the way to do it, good job man. :thumbsup: