2003 GM W-Body Gathering

LukeZ34

Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?  

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brian89gp

• LukeZ34

• GnatGoSplat

• GrandPrix34

There's no set times for the show, as we plan to announce everything there. But what Shawn said is right, it will take place after lunch

Anyone can still show up if they want to this weekend!

I'm gonna try my best to make it next year.... it's definately out of the question this year.... no cash, and I've only been working for just under 3 months... so no vacation.... but next year! *dances*

I too, wish to see this fabled TGP.... there's none in my city o.o

This week has been great untill now, I was thinking I finally fixed the problem that has been creating havoc and then all of a sudden today its back. I don't want to drive far with it doing this so if I can get it fixed by tomorrow then I'll be there, otherwise nope.

Everything is in BLM/INT format. This is all on the exact same chip

-Last chip yesterday was running a steady 124/128 at idle before and after the run, and 126/129 at a certain point.

-First run today it idled at 124/128, during the run at the point it was 118/126, and idle afterwards was 122/124

-let it heat soak for 10 minutes, idle is back to 124/127 and the point in the run is 127/128

-3 runs later on the same chip (PE AFR was only thing changed) idle is 127/128 and the run is 134/130

-2 runs after that idle jumps back down to 124/128

-next chip idle is back to 128/129

-right now idle is at 124/124 and the point is 119/129

Some other nuances:

-PE of below 13.5 AFR or so will cause serious knock, which is leanish for a turbo motor

-BLM's bounce up and down for no reason

-the ECM is overcorrecting, BLM's go down to 122 which lean fouls the plugs (I can tell it is running lean as well) so the BLM's will shoot up to 138 untill the ash burns off, and then the cycle repeats

-I peg the BARO at 105kpa the second I hit boost and it never updates after that

-doesn't go into cell 2 at 45-55kpa decel points (i'm guessing a NA motor doesn't hit such a high load in decel) and I can find no adjustments for it. this decel in cell 1 sometimes throws the BLM's way off

-idle is horrible, chugs in open loop, closed loop smooths it out even though the BLM's do not change on the switch

-the TCC is going haywire with these higher load points

And something I found out, 91-93 DOHC shift tables suck major ass. Most shifts are set at 6-6.3k while the 94-95's were set at 6.8k

Hey guys the show was Awesome!!!

I had tons of Fun and since i plan on living in Springfeild Next year anyways I will Definatly be there for Next years show

maybe then i could be a little more helpful with directions lol

Keep your cars clean and running well

See ya next year