2003 GM W-Body Gathering

LukeZ34

Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?  

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?

It's that time again, but this year plans have changed a bit. The location of this year's gathering is in Springfield Missouri. Were looking to see how many people plan on attending this year so we can get back to Phil, the track owner, and Steve with 'Mobile Dyno System'. Exact dates aren't available yet, but chances are it will be around the same time as last years gathering was (Late June-Early July). So if you plan on attending, please click above.

Thanks

Luke

Mods: I'm posting this here to get maximum traffic, if you feel it should be moved to the appropriate section, I have no objections. But either way, could one of you please make this an announcement or sticky? Thanks! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brian89gp

• LukeZ34

• GnatGoSplat

• GrandPrix34

The estimated travel time is 11 hours, 18 minutes for 779.10 miles of travel, total of 12 steps.

this is better than Kansas! I might be able to go if i don't get this job in a machine shop this summer, or have to take some college credits at the local community college. Keep us updated.

-JAY-

I'm only 10-minutes away, so I'll be there.

Either that or you guys can come to my house and drag me outta bed.

Hopefully most of it will fall on a weekend, because I used up all my vacation last year and had to start fresh this year.

i would love to go as i might already be in IA visiting my family in Boone.

i usually get home to see my family twice a year. at xmas time and then around the 4th of july.

it is about a 9-10 hour trek for me from here to Boone, IA. not sure how far that would be from Boone.

of course the schedule is pretty busy with car audio and fishing so who knows.

Monty

I'll be at home in KY then, and Springfield is about 8 hours. Well worth getting to see and race other W-bodies and maybe access to a dyno, if I heard correctly. Im up for it and possibly my dad, if I can get him to take off work.

Glad to hear your going Shawn, I look forward to seeing your W-Body collection up close, especially your 89 International! I have always loved the International Series Supremes.

Jason

shoot, how far is it from the very tip of texas to springfield?? :?:

Pretty far! I know it took 11hrs to get to Pasadena, that's only about halfway through Texas I think.

mapquest tells me it is 920 miles in 14 hrs 9 min.

but looking at the directions something is screwy as i would not take the route they gave. too slow of roads and too much backtracking.

Monty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If your event wasnt 1104 miles away Id be there. Im tired of hanging out with the so called "auto enthusiasts" around here! The only cars at my local drag strip are hondas and mustangs with nice paint and no balls. Oh and dont forget the trucks! This is Southern Hick Utah everyone owns at least one truck to haul around thier 40 kids!