2003 GM W-Body Gathering

LukeZ34

Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?  

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years W-Body Gathering?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brian89gp

• LukeZ34

• GnatGoSplat

• GrandPrix34

Hey, that better be round trip, because it's 2400 miles to Bakersfield, CA from her in Bedord, IN. Me and my buddy did it in a Budget box truck in 32 hours one way. It was crazy, but we made it. Hey, I'm about 7 to 8 hours away so I might as well go. Hopefully I got my door fixed and my tranny rebuilt by then or no racin' for me. Anyways, count me in I guess.

I would assume that he meant round trip...because I just left san diego to come here...and it was only around 2200 miles one direction..took me just under 3 days to do (dont ask..my grandfather was in the hospital and I didnt care if I got a ticket...but I didnt so nah! :P)

• 2 weeks later...

i would love to come to springfield and race some of u guys it is bout 6 hours from paducah ky thats what map quest said but i think i can make it in 5 :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question.Is the w-body get together held in the same place every year and is it only once a year.I know where I live we have super chevy sundays twice a year as well as mopar shows and ford shows twice a year.In Pigeon Forge Tenn we have a fall and spring Rod runs were all types of cars get together.It would be nice to have a Wbody show up here heck they even have a Fiero covention up here once a year.Id love to check out all the custom wbodys.Anybody have any input.Thanks guys.

Start: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

End: Springfield, Missouri, United States

Total Distance: 2040.8 Miles

Estimated Total Time: 37 hours, 21 minutes

I'd go, but, lack of funds, time, and stuff prevents it... and I doubt I'd race, since my Z34 is totally stock at this point... :!:

• 4 weeks later...

Start: Brownsville, TX 78521

ENd: Springfield, Missouri

Distance : 985.0 miles

Approximate Travel Time: 15 hours 9 mins

ooo, it doesnt look that bad of a trip for me! :D . Im starting college here though and im only like 2 months into my job, so its a no go for this year

I just might make it. My family is having a reunion in Tulsa that same weekend and it looks like just about an extra 100 miles farther. My family of 4 might not love riding in the TGP vs the Rendezvous, but thats why Dads reserve the right to be Jerks, right.

I would love to go!

It's 689.7miles from Walden, NY to Springfield,MI ... about 11hrs.....

Well thats with normal driving!

I need some more deff. dates though.... Work SUCKS!!!

Keep us posted!!

I will be there too, im a newbie here, some of you might know me from efi-street. i am a post whore there. anyway, ill have my Z34, and maybe a friend or two with a 93 GTP.

Start-Colorado Springs

End-Springfield, Missery

TIme-14 hours, 8 min at posted speed limits :roll:

Distance-918.9 miles

one more thing, where are we meeting when we first arrive and at what time? cuz otherwise ill get lost and end up at the super civic show.

i saw that coming from a mile and a half away!

anyway, i got good enough directions off yahoo maps. i plan on getting there around 1-2 pm on the 26, or it might be the 27, its late, and im kinda sorta drunk. anyway, well get there, i made reservations, so everything is cool. except i need a new fan, new rear rotors, money, and a bunch of other stuff to include a new car. ha ha, bye

hey aaron you should update your 1/4 time....seems 2 slow for all the shyt you got listed....get a g-tech or go back to the track....or fuck it, make a phone call and hang up at the end of the 1/4 :D

Cool, glad to hear that your planning on making the trip aaron!

I hear you on the money situation.. I've got a wedding to go to (in wichita) the weekend before the gathering.. so I'm trying to get the TGP running perfectly before then, and before the gathering. I'm not too crazy about the 11 MPG I'm getting right now.. :?

Just meet at the hotel. That's where everyone met up last year.

I am only planning on showing up for the show on Saturday so if I can get a starting time and directions (or address) that would be great. I have a transmission to save on top of the fact that it still isn't running quite right, so the track and dyno are definately out.

Same here, mostly because I'm pretty sure I can't get out of work that Friday. The show will be at Meador Park which is just North of the Battlefield Mall. Which highways are you coming from?

I don't remember the street name that the park is on, but you can get there by taking 13 to I-44 East, then exiting onto Glenstone Ave and taking it South all the way till you see the big cemetary on your RH (west) side. Then turn right (west) on the street between the cemetary and the mall. The park will be on your left (south).

I'm comming down hwy 13 from the N side. I vaugely remember the cemetary so I think I can find it.

Are you bringing your TGP Shawn? I've been dying to see it since I discovered your site almost 4 years ago :P.

Nope. :( It's not license, tagged, or even inspected.

It's probably only a 15-20 minute drive from the park to my house if you want to see it though!