how to put a/m radio in 88 GP

pwmin

what are the special needs to replace the 3-piece radio with an a/m unit? i havent found any good posts on it that showed you how exactly to do it. i know where everything is and all that stuff and i know how to wire it in, but will it fit where the 2 pieces are? any special tips? thanx

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21004&highlight=prix+radio

shit: put it in the wrong place. sorry, please move

I thought you were posting about putting an AM only radio in your car, but now I realize you mean AfterMarket. Anyway, there IS a kit sold that allows you to go ahead and do it.

I have a kit for sale, that was in my 88 GP.

I had it installed for free at the stereo shop, so I don't know exacly how they did it or whatever. This is all I pulled from the car before I junked it.

S2400004.jpg

S2400005.jpg

what are the special needs to replace the 3-piece radio with an a/m unit? i havent found any good posts on it that showed you how exactly to do it. i know where everything is and all that stuff and i know how to wire it in, but will it fit where the 2 pieces are? any special tips? thanx

Get a radio bezel from a '90-'93 Grand Prix. They have an opening for a 1.5 DIN radio. To get an aftermarket radio to fit in there, you'll need to do a little work with a cutting tool. There are some mounting points (for the stock stuff) in there that will get in the way. From there, it's pretty much like any other swap - you'll need some kind of install kit and may need to fab up some brackets/straps.