• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tdaye

• GnatGoSplat

• Jeff M

• lakefxgp96

wheel well to the center of the wheel is 14 1/4", have you measured your's GnatGoSplat ? or anyone else for that matter? I'd be curious to know. So if anyone plans on ordering a FAF spring and want a 2"+ drop make sure to tell George you want a 180 spring and nothing higher. In the city the back still feels like it rides pretty stiff, but on the highway is feels nice and smooth.

PERFECT! I measured mine as it is now, 15-1/2". The front with ST springs is about 14-1/4", give or take an 1/8" or so. The spring you have will bring it down 1-1/4" to match the front ST springs exactly.

Guess I'd better give George a call and see if he'll swap my spring for free.

let me know what he says! i'm sure he will send you a new one but he will likely ask you to pay the shipping. If he gives you a hard time tell him you can give good word of mouth here for him...he seemed very woried about word of mouth when he was dealing with me.

he advertises on his site that each spring is "around" $200 U.S + shipping. I paid $360 or $380 canadian including shipping (which is around $80 UPS ground to where I live) I know he didn't make much $ off of me after having to ship to me 4 times so do me a favour and tell George you got the spring info off of Terry in Canada

not sure about my stock spring, but when I put my weight on my back bumper with the 180 spring, the rear drops 1/2"+, would you call that soft?

...maybe I should add that i'm 160lbs

If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't hesitate on going with a lighter spring …maybe a 160, should give 2 ¾â€Â+ drop. But I'm not sure how soft the back of the car would be. The more I'm in the car with my newest (180 spring) the more I'm loving the ride quality

I just did a recheck of my rear ride-height with better lighting and leveler ground. approx 28 3/4" to the STEEL fender. but just under 28" to the plastic B4U fender. I might add this is with a pair of rims with drag radials sitting in the trunk, but my back seat is also removed FWIW. Im measuring to the metal to compare better with your cutlass. I've always noticed that my rear end sits heigher than everyone elses too so this is no suprise. I think i may start with the 200 in this case just to be safe. I know a few tricks to eek out another .5" if needed, but either way i definitely want the added stiffness if i can get it, so 200 is probably my best bet for an approx 1 3/4" drop

I haven't actually tried the 200 I have from FAF, it's in the shed with the other 4 springs from them and the steel custom one I had made, but thats what the height figures to be when I compare to all the other springs.

Well I tried calling George 4 times yesterday and 2 times today. One time I left a message on the machine and never got a call back.

What a pain.

I've never had a hard time getting him on the phone, once in a while he was out for the day but I could usally get him the next. I assumed he would be as bad at returning phone calls as he is with email. Do they know who is calling and why?

hahaha that would work. I'm trying to find something thin and smooth that I can make monoleaf pads, or shave the ones I have down to 1/2 the thickness...they are solid ones not like the kinda hollow ribbed ones, I fugure I can get another 1/4" drop

hahaha that would work. I'm trying to find something thin and smooth that I can make monoleaf pads, or shave the ones I have down to 1/2 the thickness...they are solid ones not like the kinda hollow ribbed ones, I fugure I can get another 1/4" drop

ACtually that is similar to my real plan. I didn't to mention it without actually trying it first. There's no reason i can think of that this wouldnt work.

I've thought about epoxying innertube rubber around the end of the spring, just enough to dampen noise. (my lumina didnt even have pads and i couldnt tell until i replaced the spring with one that did, just got quieter!) And then shaving the pads on top of the spring to push it closer to the car....

I would try epoxying something in the knuckle where the spring sits then it doesn't move...and the spring would ride on it, if you epoxy around the spring ends they will be rubbing on the rough metal surface in the knuckle where they sit, and I think they would wear down alot faster. no? sounds like it would work!

damn, maybe i should look into replacing my coilovers. so, a 200# spring would give me a 2" drop, is that about right? my springs now are 275# so it would give me a better ride but wouldnt handle as well. hmm.

200 should be 1.5" to 1.75" lower, as I said I haven't tried the 200 I got from him, it's in my shed with all the others. I went right for the 180 and got 2.25" lower out of it. I also think that my car handles WAY better with the 180 spring then it did with any of the other springs including the stock one, not only because of the ride height but also because of the strength of the 180.