Birchmount /Boneyard / FOF spring

Intlcutlass

Everyone is talking about ways to lower.

Has anyone on here swapped a lower spring rate outta a Lumina...

Take Shawns ride as an example: I think he started with a RMD (RPO) spring..... If you swapped in a RPO code RDH or lower... I would think that would equal at least 1.25 to 1.5 inches... maybe more.

You could probably pick one up for $20 at a boneyard, and it's still a fiberglass spring vs the metal Birchmount ... you know it will fit.

Has anyone gone that route?

Just Curious....

I thought about going that route, but GM's spring chart is actually pretty screwed. Some springs they claim have a higher load rate than others, yet they're softer, lower, and tend to sag more than some that are listed as having a lower spring rate. So pretty much, I don't trust GM's chart.

My 89 with FAF spring and KYB struts is not any lower than the 94 is with stock spring and stock struts. The FAF spring is a waste of money, and I'll keep saying that until George Smolen decides to make one even lower.

I thought about going that route, but GM's spring chart is actually pretty screwed. Some springs they claim have a higher load rate than others, yet they're softer, lower, and tend to sag more than some that are listed as having a lower spring rate. So pretty much, I don't trust GM's chart.

My 89 with FAF spring and KYB struts is not any lower than the 94 is with stock spring and stock struts. The FAF spring is a waste of money, and I'll keep saying that until George Smolen decides to make one even lower.

Your 89 with FAF and KYB's or Koni's? (you Koni stealer!!) :P

J/k, I wish I scored those :worship:

I was just curious about that.... I mean looking at some of those Lumina springs , it seams like an obvious option...

So your saying that a lower stance Lumi , would ride crappy?

KYB's for now! I'm not in too much of a hurry to get the Koni's in until I have the car back on the road.

I don't know if it would ride crappy, but just that GM's chart says some springs have a higher load rate, yet the same springs are saggy and softer than some really stiff springs that have 4x4 height.