Remote touching any metal=amp turning on...

Bake82

Hey guys,

I think I've narrowed my stereo problem down to this. Whenever my remotre wire for my amps touches any large(car chassis) the amp turns its self on. I am completely stumped as to what is the problem... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kyle

Um, sounds like it's grounding. Probably should tape it off so it doesn't touch metal.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

that's what I was thinking

Could be he means the insulated wire is touching the metal?

If that's the case, that would be very strange, and probably has something to do with capacitance (or broken insulation).

hey guys,

I have the remote hooked up to the remote line coming off my deck and it is not touching any other than in the butt connector. I'll have the key in my hand and the amp will be on. I also found out that this is only happening when it touches a wire coming off the deck even if I have the key in my hand. I'm confused as to why it's doing this.

Kyle

Meh..problem seemed to have fixed itself this morning....maybe it was a wire touching metal i did not see?? anyways it's fixed..thanks for the input