wal-mart changed their oil filters

Lee

You people don't quite understand what I'm saying do you? The SuperTech Synthetic oil is made by Mobil (yep, you guessed it.. it's Mobil 1), and the SuperTech filters ARE YOUR GODDAMN AC DELCO FILTERS. Do you understand me a little clearer now?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• digitaloutsider

• supreme_style21

• White93z34

Oil is oil (except synthetics, where there may actually be a difference). I put whatever's cheapest oil I can in my car cause I change it often. I buy NAPA filters though.

You people don't quite understand what I'm saying do you? The SuperTech Synthetic oil is made by Mobil (yep, you guessed it.. it's Mobil 1), and the SuperTech filters ARE YOUR GODDAMN AC DELCO FILTERS. Do you understand me a little clearer now?

But it doesn't say AC Delco on them.

Its all in the marketing. Even if they are the same, people won't change because of name recognition.

Ha, ya its all about the brand. At my store I work at, there is name brand food, and store brand name food at a cheaper price. Anything with the store name on it, is usually made by the better company in whatever line of product it is. Same damn shit.

Anyway, I use Mobil 1 oil/filter. $13.00 for the damn filter :bash: Actually, I bought it twice, now im putting a NAPA filter on with some synthetic oil i forgot the brand name.

Guest TurboSedan
you guys take ur cars to wal mart?....... :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

:alcoholic:

where did you get that idea? oil & filters are cheaper at Wal-Mart than Checker or NAPA, at least here. i will continue buying my Mobil-1 & Valvoline conventional oil from Wal-Mart, but i haven't quite got the balls to buy SuperTech filters (yeah, i know....brand recognition). i'll just stock up on ACD filters when i'm at the AutoZone in Laramie next week.

AC Delco oil filters are made by more than one company. I know of two manufacturers Delphi and Champion Labs shown in this link.

http://www.lesabret.com/filters/filter.html

The local AC Delco distributor and GM dealers only sell the Delphi filter. The local Autozone sells the Champion Labs version.

Local Advance Auto has sold both filters at times. The one thing these filters have in common is the AC Delco Duragard printing on the box. Last year Advance Auto had some PF-47’s and PF-52’s that did not say Duragard on the box and were made by some unknown company using orange drain back flaps. My guess is these were counterfeit Delco filters.

Here is another good oil filter link.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

I see no good reason to shop at wal-mart and support the company that is helping bring our economy to shits.
Fuck that. I'm too poor to shop elsewhere. :lol:

I use delco filters but what filter do you guys think is the best?

Pure-One.

:withstupid: i use the Pure-one or Wix oil filters in my cars

no. unless that engine has aleways been run on synthetic do not switch, that can cause a mess of problems.

Champion still makes the filters. The new design is called the E-Core and allows a lot more flow through the filter by removing the center tube and replacing it with a plastic support.

Well that's good to know!

I noticed the change on the last filter I got. I tried to research this on bobistheoilguy.com, but I guess I didn't use the right search terms because I didn't come up with anything. Hopefully my local Wal-marts will continue to carry SuperTech. I don't know why they wouldn't, considering it's their house brand and all.

BTW, for all who wonder, the SuperTech oil in the newer blue containers is Mobil 1.

no. unless that engine has aleways been run on synthetic do not switch, that can cause a mess of problems.

Sorry dude, this is a myth. The only problems that you may encounter are leaks. This is because of the smaller, more consistent particle size of the synthetic oil. Small openings in gaskets that were good enough for regular oil may leak with syn. Seals may leak as the microsopic gaps are wide enough for syn but not for dino.

Champion still makes the filters. The new design is called the E-Core and allows a lot more flow through the filter by removing the center tube and replacing it with a plastic support.

Well that's good to know!

I noticed the change on the last filter I got. I tried to research this on bobistheoilguy.com, but I guess I didn't use the right search terms because I didn't come up with anything. Hopefully my local Wal-marts will continue to carry SuperTech. I don't know why they wouldn't, considering it's their house brand and all.

BTW, for all who wonder, the SuperTech oil in the newer blue containers is Mobil 1.

One cool thing I have noticed using these filters is, I use heavy weight oil year round, 20w-50. Georgia doesn't get that cold. With the ecore filters, the pressure comes up faster than with normal filters. Would it make a difference with a 0,5,10w oil? Probably not, but it does with a 20w.

I roll with the 15k Advanced Super Syn Mobil 1 and a K&N which cost me like 13 bucks. Expensive oil change but i intend on going about 8k or six months on it so it isn't too bad at 36$.

Yet another person who really doesn't get what I was trying to convey in this thread.

Cliff notes for those just joining us: You don't have to pay through your ass for a quality oil change.

Haha..

Fram are quite good. Their pressure drop after the filter element is minimal. Everything you ever want to know about oil is on the following link:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

I buy Fram filters w/ 10w-30 Mobil 1 syn. And yes - this vehicle has never had syn until me - and no problems thus far, nor do I see any problems what so ever in the future...

Just take all your oil questions over there - if you can think of the oil/grease/any petrol product it's been beatin to death and than some!! :)

Haha..

Fram are quite good. Their pressure drop after the filter element is minimal. Everything you ever want to know about oil is on the following link:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

I buy Fram filters w/ 10w-30 Mobil 1 syn. And yes - this vehicle has never had syn until me - and no problems thus far, nor do I see any problems what so ever in the future...

Just take all your oil questions over there - if you can think of the oil/grease/any petrol product it's been beatin to death and than some!! :)

I think you misunderstood the BITOG test, the only Fram that had minimal pressure drop was the one that had the guts ripped out to perform a pressure test across the rest of the equipment. Try taking one of the filters apart sometime and check to see if the element has separated or has perforations.

Esso XD-3 0W-30 motor oil + a FRAM PF52 right now. Will run for 15k miles and then change filter (might change oil as well if it is looking really bad). Have a couple NAPA silver filters kicking around.

Guys, your choice of an oil filter is not going to significantly alter the life of your engine. And the recommendations given for oil changes in the owners manuals are so conservative that, using decent modern oil, you can go at least double the miles. With Mobil-1 EP or Esso XD-3 0W30, 15k miles is nothing.