wal-mart changed their oil filters

Lee

Super Tech filters:

I had noticed several oil changes ago that the filters said they were made in mexico but the style was the same as always.

Today I get to changing the oil and notice the filter is completely different. I mean seriously cheap looking. It said it was made in the USA. It was very light and it looked like you could see the paper filter when you looked inside. Usually all you saw was the inside metal cylinder with holes. The top (screw on part) was completely different. Instead of the bulge with big holes, it dipped in with two rows of tiny holes. I don't think they are made by Champion anymore.

I'm going to go back and see if I can see the paper in another filter. That just doesnt seem right. If I find some older styles I'm going to buy them up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• digitaloutsider

• supreme_style21

• White93z34

Champion still makes the filters. The new design is called the E-Core and allows a lot more flow through the filter by removing the center tube and replacing it with a plastic support.

meh i just spend the extra 49 cents for a delco filter..
49 cents??!!!!! Delco's are like $6-$7 here. Supertech's are like $2.

DAYUM!!!!

There like $3-$4 tops?

I get pure ones for 4.99 and I get delcos for 3.99 at Champion auto.

I use to use Pure ones untill they went from Blue to the white...

now all I use is the Delco's

Only if we had a fucking autozone...

:lol:

I get mine from Murray's. I think they're only MI, OH, and IN.

I get pure ones for 4.99 and I get delcos for 3.99 at Champion auto.

I use to use Pure ones untill they went from Blue to the white...

now all I use is the Delco's

What the hell is the difference?

The place that has them by me carries both.

Another oil filter topic.. oh Lord.. lol

Walmart here carries only Fram.. no Supertech (they do carry the oil though)

I buy NAPA filters since they are supposidly make by Wix which I hear are good. They don't cost a whole lot either.

Guest TurboSedan

Wal-Mart here carries Supertech and FRAM. they used to carry Motorcraft up until a week ago or so, which sucks....i use the big Motorcraft FL-1A 5.0L Mustang filter on my GTS and it cost less than $3

the only place to get the AC-Delco PF-52 filter here is the GM dealership at about $7.....if only we had an Autozone here!

The SuperTech filter has now been discontinued in favor of Wal-Mart carrying all Fram. This is definitely sad, seeing as how the ST filters were designed and manufactured by Champion Labs (In other words.. the AC Delco filter you paid $4 more was the exact same filter). You can still get the Champion Labs filter by purchasing:

AC Delco

STP

AutoZone Valucraft

meh i just spend the extra 49 cents for a delco filter..

:werd:

Si, senor. Delco mui bien, essey.

Hey, you said The super tech filters were made in mexico, right? :mrgreen:

PS Spanish translated is: "Yes, mister. Delco are very good, my friend"

sweet jesus. you people pay too much for ACD filters, i pay $2.50=$2.99 TOPS for one from pep boys.
Good thing I took advantage of napa's sale last month and bought a shitload of napa gold filters for 75% off.

fram sucks - places like wal-mart and home-depot will take a good name product and force them to make it cheaper and cheaper, until the product becomes crap.

I use AC delco

places like wal-mart and home-depot will take a good name product and force them to make it cheaper and cheaper

That is EXACTLY what Walmart does. I'd never fucking want anything of mine inside a Walmart with the way they do business. You don't climb to the top of the ladder by being nice.

i use FRAM from walmart, there good, and Valvaline oil

all our filters we use are FRAM, i dont see whats so bad about em, they work just as well as the next

I dont buy anything from walmat that involves my engine, it all comes from pep boys. I just think an auto parts store has better quailty filters, oil, etc. than a place like walmat