IT'S ALIVE!!!!(TSTE+5-speed)

Marcus18

well.... I lied I didn't tale the loan out to fix the car....dope lots of dope....

actually it was at first then I spent it all to get my honda prelude going (jdm motor) then my brother has been using it ever since I got tha fixed.

so really I've only spent around 500 on it. I just got another $1000 loan today(called this morning was deposited in my acount by 4pm)

so thats what will maybe buy a turbo,paint and rims+tires.

so far I have a total of 2K invested in this car including the price of the car.

I may just go out and buy the turbo tomorrow we shall see.

marcus

Well dope boy!..look for a 85-86 ford thurnderbird, mustang, Murker Turbo 2.3. If not..Egay is full of turbos. you might be able to score a grand national turbo IF your lucky. If you can't find a good ford 2.3 turbo (.60/.63 housings)..you can piece it together from a good saab tubo at the yard...or a volvo. Make a good one up at the yard..if your a cheap skate like me.. :lol: . with the manual boost controller..did you start off with it closed and then open it up for more boost?

If the engine has rod knock..why didn't you replace the bearing while the trans was out?????? Would make Perfect sence. YOu have to pull it out to replace the $35 bearings you forgot to buy and install with main seals. Now you have to use 20w-50 or 40w oil.

My new motto is do it right the first time or don't do it at all 8) . :bash: :lol: :roll: :shock: :( :bawl: :?: WTF :arrow: :mrgreen: OK..emicon happy...

didn't know it was gonna be knocking. it's a very quiet knock. I haven't tried the mbc yet as the turbo broke before I got the chance. the guy that has the turbo for $250 said the problems I was having was due to the spark being blown out and I need to gap it smaller. I think I'm going to try and talk him down alittle. I can't find a good ford turbo in this area. so I'm stuck with ebay or another saab/dodge turbo

marcus

T3/T04e T3/T4 Turbo 57 trim 50ar stange III .63 ar

looks like a good turbo it's at $207 right now I may bid on it.

I think that turbo would be good for any upgrades I do in the future.

marcus

With good ign mod, coils and wires, a spark plug (R42LTS) gap too large would result in a backfire condition, you would know that one if you have it :shock: .040" is good!! I say stay with your thoughts, that others have confirmed too, that you were just running the turbo off its map!!! Then go from there once you are blown again :) .

Now I understand why your picture signature looks like it does, "was that oregano I just smoke" :lol:

Jeff M

well it's still spiting and spuddering when I floor it even with no turbo.

I have new wire and plugs on it so I don't know whats going on. I replaced two out of three coils since I've had it. it's only when floored. I think this has to do with running rich because no boost but when I give it over 1/2 throttle it stumbles then isn't as powerful or it will spit and spudder.

what else is there to replace?

marcus

T04E TURBOCHARGER

3" INLET DIAMETER

2" OUTLET

*SPECS:

.57 COMPRESSOR WHEEL TRIM

.60 A/R COMPRESSOR

.63 A/R TURBINE

what do you think of that turbo?

from the commpressor maps it looks like it would do pretty good in the top end.

t04e-57.gif

I don't think the sputtering you are getting is due to having no boost. I drove my STE for about a week or so after the topend swap without the turbo being hooked up to the TB as I was trying to find a good setup for the hoses and it ran just fine. It was slow, but it ran smoothly, no sputtering/backfiring.

Shawn

well I replcaed the plate the coils plug I assume thats the ignition mod?

still didn't change anything. when I let it spit an spudder and don't let off the throttle it clears up but its bogging and blowing black soke out the back.

I'm thinking maybe it's running rich or lean? 24pound injectors would they do anything like this? sometimes when I am at 4000+ rpm and hit WOT it's like I took my foot off the pedal completly same exhaust sound and no power. fuel pump maybe? it sucks fuel down too. as my rpms go up I give it more and more throttle,very little little though and only to a point then it bucks. it seems like it's at full throttle when not.

I raced and kept up with my cousins neon sxt it 1st-3rd at half throtle. it has tons of low end and no top due to me not being able to floor it.

the turbine housing makes a weird noise when getting on it maybe it's messing with the o2 sensor?.

hopefully

I can figure this out soon sucks having no throttle range

marcus

marcus

What are the 24# injectors out of? When I first got my topend swap done the first drive I took, it definately sputtered and misfired and all that and black smoke poured out the back (black smoke=rich). I had LT1 injectors in it. I switched the injectors back to the stock ones and the problem went away.

The thing you said about it feeling like you took your foot off the gas completely sounds like overboost, but if you aren't getting an SES light afterwards (assuming your SES light works) and you're not getting all the other symptoms of overboost than I doubt it.

Shawn

this is without the turbo. they are accel 24 pound injectors......I think for lt1's

could be the problem

I'd have to find some new injectors as some of the old ones were smashed.

I have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator maybe I can turn the pressure down to compensate.

marcus