Spark plugs On a 3.1 lumina Euro

Tigershark

use a ratchet strap, attach it to the engine lift point on top of the engine, and anchor it against a friend's car. Then, ratchet the strap to pull the engine forward.

You'll also have to move the coolant bottle out of the way to get the engine mounts up, as well as to get to the front plugs (on a 3.1).

You'll also have to move the coolant bottle out of the way to get the engine mounts up, as well as to get to the front plugs (on a 3.1)*.

*on a 3.1 with the front mount coolant bottle anyway.

If you don't want to bother rocking it forward, you can remove the alternator in 5 minutes and you'll have plenty of space to get your arm back there.

If you don't want to bother rocking it forward, you can remove the alternator in 5 minutes and you'll have plenty of space to get your arm back there.

That's how I do it...

Let's all laugh at the DOHC owners... :lol: :lol:

That's how I do it...

:lol: Even I can laugh since mine take 15 minutes to change without rocking engine or taking anything off.

:lol: Even I can laugh since mine take 15 minutes to change without rocking engine or taking anything off.

:werd:!!!!!!

I almost had an orgasm when I changed my plugs in 10 minutes. No rocking, no moving, no removal.. NOTHING.

:werd:!!!!!!

I almost had an orgasm when I changed my plugs in 10 minutes. No rocking, no moving, no removal.. NOTHING.

Must be nice having a hood the size of California :lol:

It takes like 3min to rock the engine forward and back, we're not dismantling the car here. In just the time it takes you to r&r the alt. I'll have then entire job done. :lol:

That's how I do it...

Ah... be quiet. It isn't that hard to do. Just cut some notches in the metal underneath the weather stripping, and use about 1 billion extensions and it works fine.

I don't see whats so hard. Pull the motor mounts, rock it forward, change the plugs, put the mounts back in, your done... I can change all 6 plugs on a 3.1 in under 15 minutes easily. With a 3100 its even easier because you don't have to rock it...it takes me about 10 minutes on a 3100. Its just about exactly the same difficulty as doing it on a L67 in a w-body and easier than a Series II L67 in a h-body.

Shawn

Some of our motors refuse to just "rock forward" as easily as others. Two grown men and a crowbar couldn't get my engine halfway there.

Did you put the car in neutral?

Some of our motors refuse to just "rock forward" as easily as others. Two grown men and a crowbar couldn't get my engine halfway there.

It is still fairly easily done without rocking it forward if you take 2 minutes of your time and pull the alternator off.

Shawn