radio clock

streetdreams

how do you set the time in your radio clock??

also my stereo will balnk out on me often while drivin around, when it blanks out it still plays but the buttons are lost with the screen, is it hard to fix this?

or can I just put in a new aftermarket deck and be rid of the problem or does it lie deeper in the beast

On mine you with the radio off you press "set" and use the "scan" button for hour and the "seek" button(s) for the minutes. Then after it is ready press "set" again

As for your sudden display shutoff problem, I'd suspect a loose solder joint somewhere, probably one of the more major ones if the buttons are disabled as well.

A cheap market should do the trick if you get real frustrated.

- Jeff L.

make sure the radio is off before you press set to change the clock....

honestly, new deck......... they are cheap enough.. then again, i should talk because i still have my original deck installed :oops:

Personally, I don't like how the aftermakret decks look in our cars - they see to stick out in the middle of no where. However, I've seen a few pictures of those 1.5din size afternmarket decks which look pretty nice.

To so you how much I should talk - I spend over $250canadian on getting my factory cd player fixed ...

hey man at least your factory shit has got a CD, I got a tape deck and the funniest lil cassette holders I ever seen in my life, they look like the sliding door on a dvd p;ayer and you tap them and they pop out to hold a cd and be pushed back in. I drove for 2 months before I figured what they were for lol

Haha, I forgot to mention I drove around 2 days straight looking for that cdplayer....I finally found like the only one in town, and the fucker didn't work. So I took it back, told the guy at the yard its broken, but I want to keep it so he gave me most of my money back which I thought was a nice thing to do..I took it into the local car sterreo fixing place and they said well she's fucked up pretty good, and it is x amount to fix her.

Okay, go ahead and fix it I say. Getit back, worked for a few days then broke. (By the way I have no warantee from this shop), so I take it back and say hey this fucker is broken again. I left that place with an empty wallet, but a cd player that is working good still (better work for quite a while yet)..all this and it isn't even the correct one that they put in the Luminas - mine is the same era, but some a truck of some sort because it has huge gray knobs instead of the small ones, plus it is all black, whereas the Lumina one has a gray and black color scheme...oh well you can see how much I strive to keep the stock look.

Jeff do you have pics of it? I drove a 91 Lumina once and it had one from a Lumina APV in it. I want to get one like that for my Lumina if I can see what it looks like.

It sounds like yours is different from what I've seen.