'88 digital dash (max speed)

Spoon

Oh yeah, after 199, when in km/hr, the 199 just starts flashing. However, when in mph mode, the 199 stays static.

Meanwhile the odometer continues to increment properly until you exceed 2600km/hr. Higher than 2600km/hr, and things start to get pretty screwy, so please don't use these clusters when designing a high-performance jet aircraft, ok?

I'm pretty sure if you put the car in the air on a hoist and put your fut in it you could hit at least 500km/hr, gearing wouldnt allow you to do 500 but the speedo only picks up wheel speed sensor and theyre gonna be spinnin like a bitch! lol I wouldnt do it though

seems like a bad idea, plus alot of excess heat beatin on a car like that doin shit it was never designed for

well exceeding design specs is really a matter of engineering, they design a car and try to break various parts doing things most people will do out of carelessness like high speeds,over weight, hard breaking, no maintenance runs etc etc if a car kills someone they wanna say it was wreckless driving ie drivers fault but if a hundred guys die from the same situation now they have a huge problem on theyre hands so they test all new features every year, BUT testing a car's ability to run at 500+km/hr obviously is somthing no car has been designed or tested for. hard braking from 180mph? yes they do that, but running a set of wheels past 500+ I just couldnt see a car company doing this.

btw I dont think the tires would explode if theyre in the air

All the air bouncing around in the tires whether it is on the ground or not creates friction between the make up of the air inside the tire. This makes heat, and they could possibily explode if enough heat was generated.

I'm guessing some exotic car companies have tested their cars at 500km or so...some of those companyies have cars that could go 500km if they had enough gears. All the guys with "Super cars"