14in to 15in?

88Regal Limited

Hey, I want to ditch the 14's on the regal (Damn old ugly things) and put on 15's. My current size is P205/70R14, what size 15in tires would fit, keeping the with the same or up to P215. Need help here, these rims are free! thx!

I'd say it shouldn't screw up the speedo to much...because out 1 mile give or take since the lower profile 15" tire sort of compensates for the 14" higher tire....if you get any of what I just said lol.. I know that didn't make much sense.

- Jeff L.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone at all but I went from 195/75R14 to 215/60R16 and my speedo is dead on accurate.

And I know that you can go from 205/70R15 to 225/60R16 and be dead on accurate too.

I tried figuring out the math and me being a math retard I can't do it. If someone can, then there's your answer.

215/65R15 seems like that's correct, I don't think you'll mess up your speedo doing that.

I still have my 14's but the day I bought the car, 8 years ago, I chucked those 205/70 14's for 225/70/14's. Am i worried about speedo difference.....not yet.

They said they might rub when they put them on but they never did. My darn old pics on my web sight still show the front 205's that my wife had put on durring a separation. They told her they were the correct size so she let them do it. I have all four Dayton Daytona SR's on now. 1st set were firestone firehawk ss10's. I know they seem chump to most of you but I'm a poor man with a family.

well, if the tire diameter is the same, just more room for a bigger wheel, its just fine, just dont get a bigger wheel, and have a bigger tire along with it, cause then ur speedo will be off

damn guys, you need to upgrade I have 245/45/R17's and I want to go 18's but can't afford the tires for 18's the rims are cheap compaired to the tires :lol:

but how could you stand 205/75/14's so soft, the cornering on that must be all sidewall layover.

damn guys, you need to upgrade I have 245/45/R17's and I want to go 18's but can't afford the tires for 18's the rims are cheap compaired to the tires :lol:

I really dont want my W sitting like a 4x4... :lol: J/K

but how could you stand 205/75/14's so soft, the cornering on that must be all sidewall layover.

For a stock 88 regal limited suspension, It corners pretty good at the moment. :D

I just hate these 14in freaking rusty rims.... :verymad:

I really dont want my W sitting like a 4x4... :lol: J/K

For a stock 88 regal limited suspension, It corners pretty good at the moment. :D

I just hate these 14in freaking rusty rims.... :verymad:

My 88 corners really well too. It will out handle my GS anyday. BTW, by looking at you avatar, you have the same 14in wheels that I use. I resurfaced them and they look new. BTW, I have 225/60/14 on my car and there is not that much wheel gap. I personally like this style of Regal rim the best.

100_1315.jpg

They actually look pretty good on my car.