'99 Intrigue wire length

JayPo

Hey all.

I finally got my intrigue and am planning on hooking my amp and subs back up in the trunk. I found a nice pre-crimped wiring kid with good, thick-gauge wires, but they're only 17 feet long.

Anyone have any idea if it's long enough? (I'm horrible at the whole estimation thing)

Thanks;

Jay

17 feet of 8-gauge power wire, 17 feet of 16 gauge remote wire (not too worried about that heh), 4 feet of 8 gauge ground wire and the feed wires are gold-plated RCAs sitting on what looks like 16 gauge wire and claims to be oxigen free and sheilded. Plus it comes with a little baggie full of butt connectors and spade terminals and other fun-looking toys.

I usually just buy cheapo wire, but the intrigue's impressed me so much over the last couple days I figure it deserves the good stuff :)

Jason

Any advice on routing the wires?

I'm imaging there's enough room under the door trim for the power wires, any favorite gromets on the firewall to pass it through?

Jason

17 ft. will be plenty. Hide the wires underneath the trim along the door sills. I recommend removing the lower back seat when trying to get the wires into the trunk. You will need a sidepost battery mount if you have the handy dandy GM sidepost battery.