Installing Injectors....

Jon89le

Is there anything i should know about putting my injectors to the fuel rail? I just had the injectors balanced so i need to reinstall them. Do i just put the injector and O-ring in? Should i lube the O-rings with anything? Thanks.

I just did this to my 3.1...It's a good idea to get new O rings, and DEFINETLY coat the O rings with a little bit of oil using your fingers. I was unable to get the injectors to seat right until I did this. Oil the O rings that go into the intake also. Then just make sure the clips that hold the injectors to the fuel rail are seated and tight. After the fuel rail has all the injectors assembled, carefully place it on the manifold so that all 6 injectors are nicely lined up near the holes, then give it a little push down, then tighten the 4 8mm bolts in a criss-cross manner. Hope this helps!

Alright, thanks a lot man. The balancing wasnt that much. Normally if your injectors are fairly good it will only cost about $160. My #6 injector was shot so i had to buy a new one which raised my grand total to $212. Basically what it does is that it better matches each injector so that they are all flowing at almost 100% equal rates. They match each injector to within 2% of eachother or something around there. Having the process done is way cheaper than buying new ones and they will perform even better than new. I got their number from someone on the 60ºV6 board. Heres the companyhttp://www.injector.com/index.htm They are outa CT.