my new rims

cutty

well some of you know that i bought rims from jay, that we will be meeting next weekend so i can pick them up. and i was wondering whats the biggest size tire i could put on these rims without them rubbing too much. the tir size on the rims right now is 235/45/17. my stock tire size is 215/60/16. so i was wondering if 245/50/17 would fit and not rub to much.

It all depends on the offset of the wheel. The tires on those wheels now would work fine. The 245's might rub.

they would look good even though my cutlass has stock suspension?

awesome choice. I was gonna buy em before i needed brakes :roll:

thank you, but everyone else around here doesnt like them that much, but forget them i like them and thats all that matters.

awesome choice. I was gonna buy em before i needed brakes :roll:

thank you, but everyone else around here doesnt like them that much, but forget them i like them and thats all that matters.

exactly...as long as you like em...i wasnt a fan of em on jay's lumina, but others said they look better in person...just be sure to post some pix of em on your cutlass and maybe they'll look better...

Try for 245/45-17.

245/50-17 will probably rub. That's the same size as the 245/45-18 I have on my 89, and one of them rubs on the plastic splash shield. 4-dr Cutlass wheel wells look even smaller than the 2drs, so I think 245/45-17 will work best without rubbing, or 235/50-17 if you want to minimize wheel gap without rubbing.

Try for 245/45-17.

245/50-17 will probably rub. That's the same size as the 245/45-18 I have on my 89, and one of them rubs on the plastic splash shield. 4-dr Cutlass wheel wells look even smaller than the 2drs, so I think 245/45-17 will work best without rubbing, or 235/50-17 if you want to minimize wheel gap without rubbing.

alrite ill have to try the 235/50/17 since i will prolly mave mad wheel gap, but jay said the tires on the rims have a good amount of tread left on them so its all good for now.

yeah they have at least 2 years left on them if you drive only in the summer and fall with them. Winter you will go no where. I tires are nittos 555's and they are bad ass for traction, but not all weather traction.

When we meet make sure to get the lugs locks, and caps for the rims, cuz i'll prolly forget. Make sure that you have enough room in your car, they take up the entire back of my trailblazer!

ok so ill have to remind you to get the caps and lus from you? lol i hope like hell they fit in the cutty, if not ill end up putting them on there and putting my old tires in the truck and backseat, since ill have to take my sub box out of the back anyway.

yeah they have at least 2 years left on them if you drive only in the summer and fall with them. Winter you will go no where. I tires are nittos 555's and they are bad ass for traction, but not all weather traction.

When we meet make sure to get the lugs locks, and caps for the rims, cuz i'll prolly forget. Make sure that you have enough room in your car, they take up the entire back of my trailblazer!

Why did you use that picture of your car I LOVE those wheels/tires now I must get me a set too .... Dang you! :D

btw size and cost if I may ask? also that car is sick :shock: I love it.

Mark

you talking about my 5 stars?

If so they are Eagle alloy 077's 18x8 on a 245/40/18 inch toyo tire. The rims were $735 and he threw in chrome acorn lug nuts and chrome valve stems. The tires were $600. So $1335 total but with no name tires off ebay it could have been about $1100. Now all i need to do is rip my tint off and get it redone in 5% (limo) all the way around. Thanks for the kind words, your car is one of the nicest 4 doors around also!

you talking about my 5 stars?

If so they are Eagle alloy 077's 18x8 on a 245/40/18 inch toyo tire. The rims were $735 and he threw in chrome acorn lug nuts and chrome valve stems. The tires were $600. So $1335 total but with no name tires off ebay it could have been about $1100. Now all i need to do is rip my tint off and get it redone in 5% (limo) all the way around. Thanks for the kind words, your car is one of the nicest 4 doors around also!

Thanks I like the 4drs as well :D , I saw some Motegi wheels at PepBoys I liked -- just looking for now

teh cutty looks better with those rims than my car ever did.

thank you, yes the cutty looks the best it has ever looked with them rims on, and after we left IHOP we went to the mall like 3 blocks down, and i found some hex keys at the doller store, and i put the center caps on in the mall parking lot. so yes they look great