Wont Start : HELP

Rabbi

im driving about 60 and all the sudden the car just shuts off,And almost kills me in the process (power steering went out)

now she wont start back up. The starter turns over but everything sounds really high pitched when it tries to start.

Im thinking a problem with the fuel pump possibly???

Check the AUX battery post under the hood for corrosion (look on my website)

I dont think that the car would just die due to that reason...your alt is doing the work while the car is running

I would check for spark and listen for the fuel pump to prime when the key is first turned to run. Throwing a scan tool on it also could be helpfull.

On the fuel rail on the intake is a "schrader" valve it looks like a tire valve but bigger, after turning the key to run depress the schrader valves center button, fuel should squirt out at a good clip, if nothing runs out you got nothing fuel pump/relay/wiring trouble shooting is needed, if it just trickles out you may have a bad fuel pump/regulator/filter and a real fuel pressure gauge should be used to verify what fuel pressure actually is.

Trobuleshooting is the key to fixing the problem right the first time while keeping part costs low :lol:

Id check that timing belt again. Mine was fine one moment and then shreaded the next. Almost exact some situation too. Going about 55, push it to pass someone and the power just died. And the sound the car makes is kinda... hollow sort of.

replaced things like alternater or starter or anything recently? My old car did the exact same thing when I didn't make sure to reconnect the cables to the starter I replaced.

When mine has gone stone dead it was the Crankshaft sensor twice and the computer the last time. Turn over sounds hollow with no spark. It's and odd and disconcerting sound. You just know it isn't gonna start no matter what.

yea my buddy say's its the timing belt, Basicly my question is...is the motor fucked? I mean i didnt hear ANY noise when the car stopped. But my buddy said when he tried to start it up there was a pop and he is convinced its the t-belt. I read somewhere that these cars have some sort of protection sensor so if the belt breaks below a certain speed everything resets so no internal engine damage accurs....

Basicly what all do i need besides a belt ?

camshafts do not turn when engine turns over

but the belt is nice and tight , and it is on both front and back camshafts still. The car has made two popping noises when it rotates over. But i cant tell where its coming from and it has only done this twice out of maybe 15 tries

well heres a rundown

car stalls with NO NOISE,no nothing it just stalls like my battery died. Not a single noise in hell.

Now the car turns over, but the camshafts do not turn when i turn the car over. It will not start. It also has made two popping noises almost like it backfired but not quite as loud,

Ive read possibly bad fuel pump??

timing belt looks fine and is tight

If your cam's don't turn it means your timing belt is bad. If it is thight it may have striped the notches on the belt and the the fake cam gear is turning free on the belt. Or your timing chain is broke witch is not likely.

The notches on the belt are stripped, that's what happened to mine.

Prepare to open wallet, extract mucho cash. Or do it yourself if you can handle it.