1990 Cutlass 'Preme International Factory Speaker Size

hopefulfan_dc

I have 1990 'Preme I'national and have stock speakers.....what are the sizes for them...and no, haven't looked at them or even found where they are...I only drove this car 4X

Planet Audio. I've used them for years, in multiple cars.

The "bass control" is a gain control for lower frequencies...not much use really, especially with stocker speakers.

the bass control knob is for the amp that powers the rear 6x9s. i use it with a custom dual system setup in my car for my subs amplifier it just sends the signal to the amp 8)

i would look at infinity kappa 50.5cs speakers for the front, infinity kappa 693.5is for the rear and the clarion 450apa amp with high power inputs so you can keep the stock head unit :)

the bass control knob is for the amp that powers the rear 6x9s. i use it with a custom dual system setup in my car for my subs amplifier it just sends the signal to the amp 8)

i would look at infinity kappa 50.5cs speakers for the front, infinity kappa 693.5is for the rear and the clarion 450apa amp with high power inputs so you can keep the stock head unit :)

cutlsp, please explain a little more please.....how would you wire the bass control to a two amp system with a sub (on its own amp) and the 4" and 4X6" crossed to two channels and the 6X9"s into individual channels (other amp)...that's my system!....HELP...

the bass control is just for the rear speakers if you really want help get aim or something along those lines. i can explain it better to your there and explain how you can wire up a nicer sound system with the stock headunit :wink:

the bass control powers a 2nd coil in the rear 6x9's for bass only. Also your dash speakers are only tweeters, though 4" speakers will fit (the base models got them)

Also your dash speakers are only tweeters, though 4" speakers will fit (the base models got them)
Doh i shoulda relized he had the premium sound system. my offer still stands though for the info on the sound system setup.