LQ1 into second gen GTP? possable?

White93z34

Unless the LQ1 was modified, and running faster than most of the GTPs at the mod day, I think it'd be kinda lame, you would definately be shunned a bit IMHO.

But a cool project none the less, maybe some GTP owners woudl start to realize the advantage of high flow heads.

They're trying to get four valve heads into production already, but they were pretty damn expensive(maybe $4-6K :shock: ). Either way, the L67 heads seem to be working fine as you can see w/ the turbo cars and really modded supercharged ones.

Guest TurboSedan
Unless the LQ1 was modified, and running faster than most of the GTPs at the mod day, I think it'd be kinda lame, you would definately be shunned a bit IMHO.

But a cool project none the less, maybe some GTP owners woudl start to realize the advantage of high flow heads.

hey look everyone it's a typical Aaron reply :roll:

hey look everyone it's a typical Aaron reply :roll:

Yeah because we all know nothing out performs and outflows a LQ1. :roll:

i'm not asking why i want to. i'm asking how.

plain and simple, i like the LQ1. i think it would be a unique swap, and to me thats the way i would want a 1997 Grand prix GTP. besides i detest taking the intakes off a L67 friggen PITA.

LQ1= lucifer

This coming from the owner of three... :lol:

I just don't see the point cause the car is too damn heavy. 1st gen are the perfect size and arguable (certain models) look better.

Guest Anonymous

Chris, we've had our 3.4 battles many a time... if this is what floats your boat, then go for. Wouldnt be me, tho...

and for some reason, I keep aquiring more 3.4's.... :roll:

• 6 years later...

I was wondering this myself lately... funny.

Practical? No. Fun? Yes. Difficult? Not any harder than an L67 into 1st gen swap.

From what I can find, the 2nd gen w-body is only 100 lbs heavier, which you would get back from swapping in a 284 while you're at it.

I think an entire turboed LQ1/284 powertrain swap would be the only proper way to do this.