Saw my first TGP

Lee

A few years ago, there was a red TGP sitting in the police repo lot under a bunch of snow. It sat there for nearly a year before I saw it for sale at a small private dealership.. now I had my eye on this car ever since it got put in the repo lot, so I stopped by and drove it. The windows were so black, I HAD to roll them down just to see outside (keep in mind it was about noon on a sunny day). Then the trip computer kept telling me my doors were open, which they weren't, and I was getting about 98 mpg. HUD acted all freaky, power lock button somehow opened the passenger window.. arrghh the thing was an electrical nightmare.. not to mention it ran pretty dang crappy.. I think it had damn near 200,000 miles. Some mexi musta owned it before, cause it had res. plates and some 'hernadez' or something on the back window. It just wasn't taken care of.. I woulda gave it a good home, but didn't have the money or time to take 'er under my wing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm I think the first time I saw a TGP was when I was like 5 or 6 (I'm 15 now). I was a BIG Pontiac fanatic for my age (I guess I still am at 15 where everybody's favorite cars are those piece of shit Civics). My dad had a 90 Grand Prix LE then. In fact, he still has that car. I drive it around sometimes (Ah, I love my learners..), but I really want a 90' TGP for my first car. I absolutely love these cars. A lot of my friend's are going out and getting these f'ing imports and that just seriously makes me sick. I had an idiot today tell me that my soon-to-be-gotten TGP would be killed by his '96 Civic. Yeah.. we'll see about that...

• 1 month later...

I don't know what it is but I have actually seen a few. In February we were driving down the street, and I looked over and saw a Red TGP in the Finleys parking light, I was like "Holy Shit!! A TGP!!!" My dad was like, your imagining things. I was like turn around it is in the Finleys parking lot. So we turned around and sure enough it was a red TGP exactly like the one we were in. The guy was in his car (I don't know why) eating, and gave us thumbs up because we just pulled in next to him and looked. It was in OK shape, it had some rust above the molding on the door, and one of his wheels was silver. I also saw one driving down the highway a month or so ago on the way to a car show, and I saw one in somebody's driveway last weekend, I think they just washed or waxed it or something. It is funny too, because they were all red, and we have a red one. I REALLY want to see a black one, but not a big deal, the day will eventually come. We almost bought a black one...I am sure you probably know of Scott Gilmore, he had his Black TGP for sale a little while ago and my dad wanted to buy it but didn't want to drive all the way to NJ to get in sense we are in MI. So he told Scott he would give him the $3000 he was asking, plus $200 for meeting him halfway between NJ & MI, but Scott didn't want to drive that far and sold the car to someone else a few days later, oh well, that would've been cool

but I really want a 90' TGP for my first car. I absolutely love these cars. A lot of my friend's are going out and getting these f'ing imports and that just seriously makes me sick. I had an idiot today tell me that my soon-to-be-gotten TGP would be killed by his '96 Civic. Yeah.. we'll see about that...

Hey, I am also 15. I want a TGP for my first car too, but luckily for me I will probably be getting one. All of my friends drive either Civics, Saturns (I don't know what up with that) or their parents cars (and then there is my friend with his '91 GP, thats cool). I have one friend that wants to get a different car like every week and keeps telling me that this car that he is going to get is gonna be faster than mine. I just tell him "OK, whatever, we'll see about that," I have told him I am probably getting a '90 Turbo Grand Prix, but he is just like "My 1981 Datsun would smoke it." LOL!!! Anyways.