Saw my first TGP

Lee

It was in Oshkosh, WI.

It was black/Tan and could have been better cared for but it was still pretty cool. Saw a GP Special Edition in black also this weekend. It was labeled with Special Edition written out in gold and had the 3.4 and the short louvers. It didn't say GTP though.

Both had the gold crosslaced wheels.

Do you like the looks of the TGP? Some people think they look funny with the '91+ ground effects and '88-'90 headlights.

I think that combo made the best looking grand prix ever

I still have yet to see a TGP with my own eyes.. especially in this town.

Though I think there is a maroon turbo STE somewhere here.

I want to buy a TGP sometime.. but right now it's just not affordable.

Guest Anonymous
funny, I saw a white TGP today! Or at least it was a GP with the ground effects and TGP front. Had no badging and it went by fast so I couldnt tell if it was a TGP

It had the '88-'90 headlights? I would like to see pics if you get a chance.

Pics?! the thing drove past the windows at my job at like 100mph! no, seriously it was coming towards me and I got a clear view of the front which was definetly the TGP front. Looked quite good!

Do you like the looks of the TGP? Some people think they look funny with the '91+ ground effects and '88-'90 headlights.

I think that combo made the best looking grand prix ever

:werd: :withstupid:

Initially I didn't like the miniquads on GP's at all. To me, they looked too much like a 1977 Trans Am which is a look I never cared for.

They've sorta grown on me, but I still like the composite headlights much better. Gives the TGP a Euro-flair.

I love the miniquads (the recesssed ones) much more. That and for some reason, some of the GPs seem to have almost fenderflares on the rear wheels. While i havent seen a TGP, seen some nice coupes. As a matter of fact, if I cant get my hands on a early lumina for cheap, im leaning towards a GP coupe.

we do have tons of GTPs arround here, just as many GPs you see arround (the gen 2 ones). Did see one GPX? one time, and i loved it. Chrome 2-3" pipes, red, oh boy

Jon

did you mean GTX? speaking of them, what is the dif between them and a GTP? I know the hood is one thing, but first how in the hell do you get one. do you have to walk into the dealer and be like "id like to order a grand prix GTX", what is the prce increase, and what do you gain?

Can you imagine my face :o when I pulled into the car dealer to test out this eclipse and i saw a bright shiny gp with gold wheels? At first i said no way, then as i got closer i saw a gold TURBO emblem and my jaw just dropped!!!! as soon as I saw my TGP i already new that sucker was mine :D ! Now I am looking for another. I found a STE white and ------->5-speed<-------. The guys is asking $2200. NOPE I will not say where it is :lol:

I saw one once at one of the 24 hour diners around here (if theres ONE good thing NJ has its PLENTY of 24 hour diners, food stores, self service car washes, etc) but it was back before i realised the rareness of the car or what it was. i just rememebr walking past it and i was like whoa cool GP and i saw the turbo emblems and i got really confused i was like what the hell, who puts turbo emblems on a grand prix, what an idiot. well boy was i ever the idiot. if i realised what kinda car that was abck then i would have fucking waited outside for themto come out and ask to drive it :D

Also i could have SWORN it was the dark green color that you see on most GTPs. i notice black on GPs a lot and would have noted it was black but i remember green. Who gets their car repainted from either red or black to forest green?

My brother's girlfriend's dad has a black GP GTX and that thing if so sweet!!! My brother took my TGP over to show him, because he never heard of it, but it's no match for a GTX though. Too bad his tranny went with only about 26,000 miled on the car, but the warranty covered everything. And yes, there are GT based GTXs which is so stupid in my opinion. I was at a car show that all the dealerships put together to show off the high-zoot cars they have, and the they had a GP GTX and I popped the hood. To my surprise there was no M-90 supercharger. I was pissed, and I said real loud, "This doesn't deserve the GTX badge, it's not supercharged!!!" The salesman gave me a nasty look and I went off to look at the Bonneville SSEi.

• 3 months later...

i saw red tgp in shitty shape at a used dealer ask'n way to much, thing was beat to fuck and they wanted like 10g, saw one today too, very nice, red, by the Alley in Chicago...*drools*

speaking of frontends and body kits...anyone know how hard it be to switch a 91-93 front end wit an 88??

I've only seen one TGP here in TX. My parts car at the Salvage yard. Dam shame. Sweet car. Would of been rebuilduble but it had a forklift hole on the grill , was crashed, and had a blown head gasket. "It's still good , it's still good, it's still good"..."LET IT GO"..."I know".