strut tower braces

intern8tion9l

anyone know where to score front and rear strut tower bars or even if there is such a product for an '89 cutlass supreme? i see there's one available for the 97-up grand prix. are these owners the only lucky ones?

anyone know where to score front and rear strut tower bars or even if there is such a product for an '89 cutlass supreme? i see there's one available for the 97-up grand prix. are these owners the only lucky ones?

crap, you got the same wheels as me!

Or you could go the cheaper route and use the strut brace(s) off of a 97+ Buick. Part number from GM is 12456148. They should be about $15-20/each from your local GM dealership(call beforehand if you want to know for sure :wink: ). ZZperformance.com makes "no drill" brackets for 1st Gen GP's, these should work fine for your Cutlass(or any other 1st Gen W-body as far as I know) if you don't want to drill holes in the strut tower plates on your car to add the GM brace.

EDIT: BTW, your Cutlass is sweeeet. :D

I would definately go with the GM bar and ZZP brackets, but I think thats only for the front. For the rear you will probably have to either drill holes, get your own bracket made, or buy a different bar.

Shawn

I just bought an STB off a member here and threw it on the Cutlass until it has a purpose on the TGP.. and hot damn, with grandma suspension you sure notice a difference with that narrow piece of steel going across the car :shock: If GM made two different versions of the convertable STB, then I"m pretty sure it's an OEM bar. It looks fairly OEM but I've seen a pic of another Cutlass STB the way the bar was welded on was different. So...

GM did make 2 versions of the Cutlass STB, a 3.1 round-tube version and a 3.4 compatible square-tube version.

I've been thinking about picking up a rear STB in the hopes that it'll stop the snap crackle and pop sounds that come from the rear deck/window on my Cutlass ever since upgrading the suspension.

I think I might have the round tube version on my TGP. It's very heavy duty, solid steel. Unless it was a custom made. I also have a rear brace that looks like it was a custom made. It sort of looks like the RSM bar, but the bolt ends are different. I'll get a picture sometime.

Alright, I've got the 3.4 square bar then :) thanks Shawn

I gotta snap some quick pics of it.. friend has my camera at the moment though.

Ok :P It was just that when I looked closer at the pics (after I sent the money :lol:) It looked a lot different from the ones I was used to seeing, so I became unsure. But when I got it, I noticed the hold-down plates that wrapped over the bar on the caps actually had part numbers stamped on them, so that made me wonder yet again.. :lol: