The Elusive Firewall Grommet

EuroSedan93

Where exactly is this grommet that is in the euros to run the 4ga wire? I want to run my wire in the car permanently but I am getting really frustrated in finding this thing. I dont want to drill holes, but I need to have this done this weekend. anyone have pics or whatnot? any help would be greatly appreciated.

you don't need pics

the firewall grommet is to the left of the brake pedal and there is a little punched circle in the foam pad you can remove to find the firewall grommet. if you really need pics give me a day and i will pm them to you.

Here's where it is under the hood:

firewall.jpg

It's right between the master cylinder and the strut tower. I just drilled a hole in it with a 1/2" bit, taped my 4 ga wire to a 14 ga length of solid copper wire, poked the copper wire through until I could see the wire under the dash, then pulled the 4 ga wire through...

Thanks for the help. The pic really helped me out in finding it, it was hard to find as I had quite a few more wires hiding it so I wasnt able to see it initially.