Delco Radio Parts ???

jmblimo

Anyone know of a replacement parts source for Delco radios? All the suppliers on the web want to sell the whole radio, and for a lot of money too.

I have bought 3 CD radios with the CD drive not working. The '94 CD units are hard to find. The drives are easy to change out if I can only find replacements.

Another question. How do you tell if a radio is set up for the steering wheel controls? It appears that they all aren't even with the same plugin.

My friend changed out the CD drive with one from those "single CD" units you'd find in Chevy Suburbans etc just the CD player, no radio or anything. Went right in.

My friend changed out the CD drive with one from those "single CD" units you'd find in Chevy Suburbans etc just the CD player, no radio or anything. Went right in.

I was thinking about doing that. Thinking about using the older Riviera/Toronado slave unit, thinking they might be compatable. If you know what year truck unit he used, I can start looking on Ebay. I think they had slave CDs until a couple of years ago.

I ordered my rebuilt Cd mechanism (aka. internal drive) from http://www.mnrelectronics.com 3 or so years ago when I had my Lumina. All they needed was the part number that was on the side of the mechanism. Ship yours to them w/ a check for the amount they need and they send you a rebuilt one back.

It cost a little over $100 back then..