problem starting/staying running sometimes

CutThroat96

recently sometimes when im driving, my car will just die... then i try to start it and it doesnt start (just keeps turning over). sometimes it will start but sputter then die. i wait a few minutes and it will start right up. i think its my fuel pump but who knows. anyone know what it could be? mike

ps. i would like to fix this today so replies would be nice

Just a word to the wise.. if you want replies, patience is the key. We have many many users here, most of which are very helpful and all of which are on at different times of the day. You can't expect a hundred quick replies to a problem which could honestly be a lot of different things.

Be patient. Also, if you have one posted in the powertrain section, where this particular problem goes, don't post it in another section. Thanks!

If it's happening at operating temperature, it could be an Engine Coolant Temp sensor or maybe a crank sensor. On my friend's 93 Lumina the car would die after it hit operating temperature and then couldnt get it started again until you waited like 20 mins. A dealer diagnosed that the problem was a crank sensor... I have no idea how to test those though.