Where Should I Mount My Tweeters?...

terryk2003

I put my 3/4" cdt silk tweeters flush mounted in the sail pannel beside the mirror and the mid is in the factory locationon the inside of the pannel. It seems to be good because I have the 4" alpine type s in the dash running off of deck power and X-overed very high.and you cant really tell where the sound is coming from.

quick question: I know they're only 4" but how are those particular speakers as far as hi's and clarity go?

quick question: I know they're only 4" but how are those particular speakers as far as hi's and clarity go?

When I got my car 4 years ago I first put in a set of JVC 4". I used them until last spring but was never really happy with them. So I decided to give alpine a try. It was funny though. I had my front 4" type S installed professionally because me and the removal of the dash pad doent mix. And after they were installed they sounded better but it was as if something was off.

The following weekend I installed the matching 6x9's in the rear and it was like someone flicked a switch or something because it really started to sound good. The highs were nice and they got plenty loud. But I dont send any low frequencies to the front 4". I have them crossed over at 220Hz. And this is only off of deck power 22rms watts.

But believe me if you are going to upgrade your speakers Pay the extra money GO TO COMPONENTS! Your ears will thank you. Its like night and day when going from coaxials to components.

I have the Type S 6x9's and they're very powerful, but the hi's lack just a little. I was going to get the matching 6.5's but I had bought the top of the line Pioneer 6.5's in 2002 and I've just reinstalled them into this car now. I wonder if it's worth my while to get the alpines or not.

I won't have lows going to any of my interior speakers once I get the stereo complete, but that's at a later date.

If I were you I would hold off with what you got until a full upgrade can be don to components......If thats what you want to do of course. I was hesitant about going to them but I found a cheap alpine 4 channel amp and was able to pick up a set of cdts for under $200. And it was the best choice I ever made.

Hey guys...I'm new just bought a Cutty Supreme. I got my old sytem with two amps, one 10....get that rockford 2000W 10...I promise you'll love it! An you can keep the trunk space! Get a pioneer cuz they look good against that eletronic dash. Put the tweeters upstairs on the top pointing down...sounds crazy but it makes like a wall of sound when wit a three way system and never have battery problems just juice up to a little bigger no caps, no extra batteries...My other hobby is electronics...I got a similar system...IN MY HOUSE! It thumps I swear!!!

Cost:

Amp1: Sony 760W 2Ch - 100 from Sony Outlet

Amp2: Jensen 600W 4Ch - 40 from an local hustle man

Subwoofer: RF power series - 225 off internet...look good some are tricks

Alpine 2 way 6.5" - 250 pay more hear and you'll sound like Carnegie Hall

Cables, wires, connectors - 50

Best system on a budget no tv's, no bs just good QUALITY sound

Sorry I wrote so much but I love electornics and wiring stuff up!

• 1 month later...

Kickpanel pods are the best place in these cars for the midwoofers..Bar none..As for the tweeters, mount them in the A pillars..Make a small pos to house them and use a laser light to aim them at the rear mirror mount..I used pvc tube cut to angle and epoxied them in when the angle was right. I then filled with body filler and used SEM texture spray to make them look more like stock one..I then used SEM color spray to color them..Trust me, I've had almost every configuration of speakers(From conventional to compression horns) that can be used in this car and for quality sound this is the best place to obtain it..

Look at my set up on sounddomain (Veritasz34) and I've posted how I made the kickpanel pods but haven't updated the A pillar tweet mounts..

Look at my set up on sounddomain (Veritasz34) and I've posted how I made the kickpanel pods but haven't updated the A pillar tweet mounts..
why not just put your sound domain page in the website section offered in your profile along with any im services you are registered to?

• 2 weeks later...

You can put your tweeters right next to the front pillers, mounted on the glass w/ double sided tape, and run wires down the pillers. It's a quick install, and sounds good too. I did mine this way in my GP because of sound obstructions from peoples legs. What you do is hook up yours speakers before mounting, then move them around to find a good location that sounds good to you.

:lol: mine i have adjustable flush mount tweeter mounts i'm going to do some custom work on my new door panels for my cutlass. mount them right beside the mirrors

it sounds the best from that point to me. why else would every new car that is coming out have them mounted right around there?

:lol: mine i have adjustable flush mount tweeter mounts i'm going to do some custom work on my new door panels for my cutlass. mount them right beside the mirrors

it sounds the best from that point to me. why else would every new car that is coming out have them mounted right around there?

It could also be because it's cheap, easy, convenient, and sound quality isn't a big concern. After all, they still use cheap paper speakers.

It could also be because it's cheap, easy, convenient, and sound quality isn't a big concern. After all, they still use cheap paper speakers.

Yup, paper is good for 1 thing...to draw on!

:lol: the hyndai use infinity speakers and have the tweeters mounted there and sound bad ass. so i don't think its a "cheap and easy" root if they use infinity speakers and have them molded into the door panels. but whatever floats your boat :shrug: