Winshield wiper squirter(now with supersoaker pics)

HokemBokem

Yea so today I go to clean my window while driving and the damn water doesent squirt out from the wipers anymore :confused:

I dont know what the hell is wrong. The wipers work fine its just no fluid comes out? I thought I was out of water in the resiviour but I checked and its almost full. So what could this be?

Also the water on my car shoots out of the wiper itself, not from the hood like most cars ive seen.

Yea so today I go to clean my window while driving and the damn water doesent squirt out from the wipers anymore :confused:

I dont know what the hell is wrong. The wipers work fine its just no fluid comes out? I thought I was out of water in the resiviour but I checked and its almost full. So what could this be?

Also the water on my car shoots out of the wiper itself, not from the hood like most cars ive seen.

Check at the bottom of your wiper arms, there should be a tiny piece of tubing coming out right down below the windshield, and then going to your wiper arm. If not, check to see if that tubing came loose, if it did then you're shooting wiper fluid all over the outside of your car. :lol:

could be the washer pump/motor...

That's my guess. Do you hear anything that sounds like a pump when you try to use the wiper fluid? If not, it's most likely the pump.

could be the washer pump/motor...

That's my guess. Do you hear anything that sounds like a pump when you try to use the wiper fluid? If not, it's most likely the pump.

Yea thats prob it then because I dont hear shit. Damn that would be expensive too fix wouldent it be? I guess ill just go without.

before you replace the pump, check out to make sure that the wiring going to the pump didn't come loose, or fall off some how. Also check the fuse and make sure that it is not blown.

before you replace the pump, check out to make sure that the wiring going to the pump didn't come loose, or fall off some how. Also check the fuse and make sure that it is not blown.

Thats what I would have done in the first place.

i say its prolly the pump...i just replaced the one on my cutlass about a month ago...paid $25 @ napa for a new one...but, like they said above...make sure the wires are still hooked up...and maybe unplug the hose from the squirter itself and make sure its not just clogged up somewhere...

Where is the pump located?

Should be on the bottom of the resevoir.....at least that is where they were on the cars that I have replaced one on....I have never had to do it on a w-body though....

Do yourself a favor and buy a new one. Take a look at your washer tank. The pump is on the firewall side of the tank near the bottom. It's a black cylinder that sticks up from the bottom of the tank. It's a simple 10-15 minute replacement (it would be even quicker if you didn't have to remove the "crossbrace" and move the fuse panel out of the way to get the tank out.) Be sure you install the new rubber seal on the tank when you change the pump.

Allright just went out and checked all my fuses and everything was good then I pop the trunk and the hose was completely broken off just hanging in the engine bay. I dont know how to fix that and ill get some pics up in a min where it broke.

Oh and the funny thing is right now I have the broken hose sticking out of the trunk right by the windshield and I can squirt shit like 4 feet away to the left :lol: :lol: On my way to work in a couple hours im going to be squirting everyone :lol:

Hmm, are you should its broken..or just pull off the end of the plastic coming out from the windshield?

Lol.. I know my Lumina one popped off it was shooting shit all over the engine and shit. God damnit..what a fuckn mess!

- Jeff L.

Oh and the funny thing is right now I have the broken hose sticking out of the trunk right by the windshield and I can squirt shit like 4 feet away to the left :lol: :lol: On my way to work in a couple hours im going to be squirting everyone :lol:

:lol2: Normally I'd say that's a boneheaded thing to do but then I just imagined you driving down the street next to me and all of a sudden you shoot your windshield wiper fluid at me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol2: Normally I'd say that's a boneheaded thing to do but then I just imagined you driving down the street next to me and all of a sudden you shoot your windshield wiper fluid at me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yea I know it will be so funny. All the guys at work are usually hanging out back bullshitin when I pull up, so today im going to get them all :twisted:

I think I'd try to find a tiny piece of copper tubing that would fit inside of that plastic tube that's broken off. Remove the rubber hose from the one end, and using the copper tube, splice the two halves back together. Maybe use some epoxy to better bond the 2 halves back together (as long as the copper tube is inside for support, you won't have to worry about it breaking apart again.) After the glue dries, hook the hose back up and you're all set...