Fuel Filter Location

CuttySup

You're welcome. I also found this picture just in case anyone else hasn't seen/changed their filter before and wants to know what it looks like. The car is a Grand Prix(not that it makes a difference)..snagged the pic from an old ebay auction or somewhere.

fuel_filter.jpg

i can't help but notice how clean the GP is! :shock:

I was thinking someone would say that, I think it was a low mileage car(thinking under 30K). I should get some pictures of my undercarriages next time I steamclean the cars/have them on a lift. Being in the south = rust free/clean. 8)

I noticed when I did my fuel filter that the TGP's have braided stainless steel fuel line from the pump to the filter. Where regular W's have rubber line. I just thought it was odd/interesting. According to my computer at work (we have Carquest on a permanent connection) the fuel pump for the TGP is the same as the fuel pump on a V6 GP. I have read that the TGP's used a Corvette fuel pump, however, from what I've seen, all V6 W's use the same pump as a Vette. Could be that they're wrong, GM might say something different.

Might be a little off topic, but I couldn't stop talking. :)

I noticed when I did my fuel filter that the TGP's have braided stainless steel fuel line from the pump to the filter. Where regular W's have rubber line. I just thought it was odd/interesting. According to my computer at work (we have Carquest on a permanent connection) the fuel pump for the TGP is the same as the fuel pump on a V6 GP. I have read that the TGP's used a Corvette fuel pump, however, from what I've seen, all V6 W's use the same pump as a Vette. Could be that they're wrong, GM might say something different.

Might be a little off topic, but I couldn't stop talking. :)

I too noticed the braided stainless line on my TGP vs. SE. I'm pretty sure the TGP/TSTE does in fact have the corvette pump and the NA 3.1's have a different pump(they might all use the same part # now though when you go to buy a new one). I seem to remember looking the pump up at onc point and the OEM Corvette pump # matched the TGP #, but the NA listed a different pump.

My Cutlass has the Braided SS line also, vs my Regal has rubber. But my Cutlass has theaded ends on both sides of the fuel filter vs. my Regal has the quick disconnect on one side and the threads on the other. Might have to do with that change.

The TGP fuel pump is AC Delco EP375, NA 3.1 is EP378....both list for $69.99 at autozone.

EDIT: for a typo, also the 5.7 liter Vette from 1990 also lists the EP375(the regular vette, the ZR1 probably had a different/higher flow pump).

:lol: Yea ive seen that pic a couple time before. That sucks ass. So what did you ever do about that? Is it the same way?

i haven't done anything about it, i can't get it off

hell, i haven't driven that car in 3 months. i start it up and let it run for about 10 minutes every 2 weeks or so.

:lol: Yea ive seen that pic a couple time before. That sucks ass. So what did you ever do about that? Is it the same way?

hell, i haven't driven that car in 3 months. i start it up and let it run for about 10 minutes every 2 weeks or so.

Isint your brother gonna drive it?

Isint your brother gonna drive it?

that's the plan. he just finished driver's ed the other day