brake diapram>>weak brakes

MoTox8410

what would be the symptoms of a bad diaprram in your brake system<<how would i check to see if its good or bad<<my breaks feel extremely weak even for a W <<can u lock ur wheels up at all ???

Guest Gp crazy

You may have air in the lines or a bad vaccum line to the booster. :bash: But most likely your rear brakes are not working or out of adjustment. Also if you haven't used the e-brake in a while. I would not use it now :!: Because if you use it it will lock up and then you will not roll at all :bawl:

ok to check you r booster, depress the pedal to the floor.

start the vehical. it should decend (just a little) once the car starts. if it does this you booster should be fine.

Thats a very good check.

After it passes that, pop the connector out of the booster.....you should hear air rush in. Sometimes they work, but aren't able to hold vacuum very well. It should for several hours.

My car is the same..the brakes have gotten worse and worse..and the shops keep telling me it is normal. I used to be able to lock the brakes (front ones at least), but now it is impossible to do..and stopping fast usually requires me to slam the shifter down into first since the brakes seem to be getting wrose and fade right away...damn that stops the car nicely when gearing down!

My brakes were done last summer, and my grandma dorve the car till Septemmeber last year so I can't see how the pads would be worn..but that's how my car is...is that like what your feeling right now?!

- Jeff L.

ive never been able to lock em up

yeah it seems alike...i just had the wheels off and all the pads look great and i tested the booster and it seems alright

the rear calipers seem to be working alright ive used the e brake lately and the didnt stick :o

i do have an ABS light on so......im gon' to have to run it to a shop sometime soon

if there is air in the lines the brakes would feel spongey right....if so i dont have air in the lines

ok, having the ABS lights on will do nothing to your brake system, only worry if you see the "brake" light on.

all that does is disable the abs system. so your wheels should lock up.

there is a chance the the brake pads suck ass, your tires suck ass, and your struts suck ass.

?

check all of those things, this could be normal.

what would tires being bad have anything to do with it

and if my struts were bad i would c abnormal tire wear right??how can i check them

as i said b 4 the brake pads look alright

???????????????

well if the tires don't get good traction, you can't stop as well.

of your stuts arn't great then that could also be a factor.

and the brake pads could be cheap, not bad.

well if they were shitty ties wouldnt they just lock up real easy and they dont do that (i have the oem goodyear eagles)

how do u test ur struts

and the brake pads thAts a possibility cuz there were replaced right b 4 i got the car